30

tyler asked jenna on another date. jenna, of course, said yes. the blonde was beginning to admire the boy. it just wasn't time to admit that yet.

jenna had just gotten back from her shift at the dinky little diner she worked at. it was just down the street and for how small it was it sure did get a lot of business.

she plopped down on the living room couch with the box of food she brought herself back from the diner.

the poor girl didn't have any energy left. the house too, it was far too draining. it was so bleak, there was no love left in this house.

before jenna could mope any longer, there was a knock on her door. of course, just as she got comfortable.

she sighed, letting her tired legs carry her to the door. she didn't mind looking like a mess when she opened the door.

"hey, jen." tyler smiled. jenna's eyes went wide, and she suddenly worried about her appearance again.

"what are you doing? it's so late." jenna said softly.

she looked to the grocery store bags in his hands along with the stack of movies.

"i wasn't gonna let you spend friday night alone and i thought it had been a little while since you had a home cooked meal." tyler said with blushing cheeks.

jenna's eyes softened. she looked to the boy, he looked so warm. his grey sweater and black joggers made it look like he just got out of bed.

"you know you don't have to do this." jenna spoke with gentle eyes. tyler brushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"you did agree to another date. you never said where." tyler smirked. this boy was too goddamn bold. she made him bold.

"fine, joseph. be lucky i'm not kicking you out." she giggled lightly before letting him through the door.

tyler was a figure of coziness and comfort to jenna. his arms were always wide open to her and his words were always so soft. she wanted to be more than this.

"jenna, you okay." tyler asked. jenna only nodded with a smile on her face. she followed him to the kitchen.

tyler took out the ingredients for his spaghetti. he'd only asked his mom about a billion questions before he went over.

jenna turned on some soft indie music while tyler began to cook. she quickly sat on the counter watching him sway along with the music.

"tyler? can i ask you something?" jenna asked. her sweatpant clad legs swung over the counter.

"of course." tyler responded, covering his noodles for them to boil. he walked closer toward jenna.

"what do you want this to be?" she asked quietly, fiddling with the paint chipping off of her nails.

"jenna, i really like you. i just don't want to take things too fast, for the sake of both of us, you know?" his face was serious, jenna nodded along.

"i really, really like you, jen." he inches closer to the blue eyes girl. they shared the same intention.

jenna wrapped her arms around tyler's neck while his snakes around her waist. tyler quickly connected their lips.

this was much rougher than the kiss at the arcade. the passion was definitely still there, but the feeling of desperation lingered as well.

jenna moaned softly into their kiss while tyler tasted her vanilla lip balm. he motioned for her to wrap her legs around his waist. she didn't hesitate.

this was a new side of tyler. he was normally so gentle with a fluffy soft touch but this was different.

"is this okay?" he stopped briefly to make sure jenna was okay. she nodded with a little desperate whine.

tyler smiled as he lifted her sweatshirt over her head. his lips trailed from her jaw down to her nearly exposed chest. the only thing stopping her from nudity was her black bra.

they both knew that it wouldn't go far enough to sex but they liked it nonetheless.

tyler trailed hickies low enough on jenna's collarbone to where she wouldn't have to worry about covering it up.

jenna positioned herself on tyler's lap. she slid his shirt off before continuing to kiss him. she'd never done anything like this before.

"mmm, jenna." tyler threw his head back a little as her sweet lips danced around his jawline.

the brunette thought she sounded so pretty. her voice came out so melodic and dainty. tyler loved that.

before things could go any further a loud beep screeched through the house. jenna's diamond eyes widened while she threw her yellow sweatshirt back on.

"oh my god, tyler! the food!" she raced to the kitchen to fan the stream of gray away from the smoke detector. tyler's sauce had begun to burn. his noodles as well, they were soggy and practically mush.

tyler scrambled to open windows and turn on fans. how lovely that was with columbus's freezing temperatures?

finally the beeping stopped. jenna let out a loud laugh, tyler quickly joined.

"how does take-out sound?" tyler asked, a goofy smile coming across his flustered face.

"take-out sounds wonderful." jenna giggled back, playfully hitting tyler in the back.

this was bliss.