Hanahaki

It started out with just a bit of a cough, nothing alarming. 

A glance and his direction made his heart hurt. He liked girls, only girls. There was no chance for him, he didn't get a choice. 

So he watched from afar as his friend talked about someone else.

Then his cough got worse. 

He had no choice but to watch. He watched as his friend flirted with a player. She was pretty, she was popular, he was nothing.

So when he overheard that they kissed he couldn't say anything.

He started coughing harder. He fell over, the people around him turned in alarm.

He didn't see anything. He couldn't hear anything.

Then nurse sent him home, he scrapped his knee so bad it pained him too much to stand. His head felt mush and light.

He was farther away from him than ever. They talked less. It came all about her in every conversation, he didn't deserve her. It pained him every conversation they were talking about her. He had to stop.

Then he passed them in the halls. They were together as always. They made eye contact. 

He felt sick.

He quickly made his way to the bathroom. He coughed and coughed, and coughed.

Then he saw blood in his hand.

Then the first petal.

Then he knew it'd be all over.

He got to go home that day.

He didn't get to see him ever again.

He's dead now. 

I was so close to him, he stopped talking to me and I felt so lost. 

We've been friends forever.

At least I had her. Even if she was mad. She never liked him anyway.

Maybe she had a point if I never stayed with him maybe the pain in my chest would be gone.

Maybe I wouldn't cry.

Then I heard how he died.

A rare disease, and he caught it. 

Of fucking course it was him. 

I wish that I could tell him how important he was to me.

He was always so supportive of anything I did.

I'll miss him.