Bet

A/N - this was a request so sorry it took so fucking long

Request made by anonymous (I assume)

John's POV

   "Laf, truth or dare?" Herc wiggled his eyebrows and Laf blushed.
   "Dare!"
   "Lick the toilet seat." We all recoiled and crinkled our noses but watched Herc do it.
   "Jefferson, truth or dare?" Laf grinned, Thomas thought for a moment and grinned.
   "Truth."
   "Is it true you have a crush on James Madison?" Laf smirked.
   "Yes. JOHN, TRUTH OR DARE!" We all laughed and I sniffed.
   "Dare."
   "I dare you to date that stuck up nerd for three weeks."
   "Who? Alexander?"
   "Yup! Three weeks! If not I give you a swirly."
   "Fine." It's not that I didn't exactly want too. That just seemed wrong to me. Alexander doesn't hate me and I don't wanna ruin that. Alexander hates basically everyone but he doesn't really hate me. He tolerates me and I'd hate to ruin that. Sadly, a dare with Thomas is a dare you fucking take.

Alexander's POV

   I was minding my own business and getting my books from my locked when John Laurens approaches me. To be clear I have a massive crush on that boy. He's the only person here who's ever been nice to me. He flashed a smiled and leaned against the lockers.
   "Hey, Alex! Would you maybe wanna...go out sometime?" I blushed and swallowed to keep my calm.
   "Yeah." I squeaked. "Yes...I'd love too." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HOLY FUCKING SHIT IM GONNA DIE!!!
   "Cool. See ya 'round, babe." He kissed my cheek and sauntered down the hall. I let out a lovesick sigh and closed my locker.

   "How's my boyfriend?" John grinned, I blushed and looked at my shoes. It's been a week and I'm on cloud nine!
   "How's mine?"
   "I don't know. Depends on how mine is."
   "Yours is wonderful now that he's talking to his." John snorted and we fell into a fit of giggles.
   "You're so dorky."

   "How's my beautiful boyfriend?" I looked up and blushed. It's been a week and a half since we started dating and this is the first time he's called me beautiful.
   "I don't know."
   "Well, why not?"
   "Because he isn't beautiful." John frowned and sat on the edge of my desk.
   "Not possible. You're the most beautiful man on this earth." John hummed and kissed my cheek. I blushed and smiled.
   "I love you."
   "I love you too." John seemed kind of...sad. I didn't think much of it but I couldn't help but think about it. We've never kissed and he'd never called me beautiful. It's like something snapped. "I'll see ya later, babe."

John's POV

   It's the third week. The last week I get to date Alex. There's a problem. I love him. I've fallen helplessly in love with him. I wanna kiss him but I can't, Jefferson's rules. I hate this and Jeffershit. I love Alexander Hamilton.
   "Laf!"
   "Hm?"
   "I've fallen in love!"
   "With who?"
   "Alexander!" I swooned and fell against the lockers.
   "Oh, no, no, no, no!"
   "What?"
   "Thomas would kill you if he knew!"
   "Why?"
   "Because if Alex is happy then everything in the world is wrong!" I huffed and hit my head against the lockers.
   "He deserve the world. He deserves to be happy."
   "I'm sorry, mon ami. Jefferson is the worst and he'll publicly destroy you."
   "But-"
   "John Laurens." Laf warned, I sighed and nodded. I have to end it.

Jefferson's POV

   "He actually loves him?" Burr nodded. "That cannot stand. Something must be done."

Alexander's POV

"A-a bet?"
"Mhm."
"H-he doesn't-"
"I'm sorry, Alexander." Jefferson smiled and I started to cry. How could he do this to me? How could he lie and lead me on like that? I don't get it. Why me?
"Hey, Alex!" John came running up with a smile.
"Get the fuck away from me." I sprinted off to the bathrooms and collapsed on the floor sobbing.
   "Lexi? What's wrong, baby." I looked into John's freckled face and sniffed.
   "...Do you love me?"
   "Yes! With all of my heart!"
   "Liar!" John frowned and I stood up. "Did you ever love me? Was this all just a sick joke to you? I can't believe that for once I thought I was loved!"
   "Alex, what are you talking about? I love you!"
   "I thought you loved me but it was just a fucking bet."
   "Alex, you have to understand-"
   "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!"
   "Baby-"
   "Don't act like you care." I spat.
   "Alex, I do."
   "I thought you were different."
   "Alex-" He reaches for my hand and I ripped it away.
   "Don't...Don't touch me." I grabbed my stuff and stopped at the door. "Only a fool would fall for someone as deadly as you." With that I left. I went straight home and I avoided John as much as possible.

One month later

John's POV

   "ALEXANDER HAMILTON!" I threw Alex into a classroom and he fought with me to get out but I locked the door.
   "LET ME OUT YOU STUPID BITCH!"
   "No."
   "ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE MORE!"
   "Just hear me out."
   "NO! LET ME OUT YOU FRECKLED FUCK!"
   "I'll walk away right now but please...just listen to me. Don't shut me out...please."
   "You have five minutes."
   "Thank you. Alex, I'm begging you. I love you. I truly really do. I love you with all of my heart. Everywhere I look...I see you. I can't keep kissing people and pretending it you. I care about you and I can't forget about you. I need you."
   "Is this part of your bet?"
   "Alex, I never meant to hurt you, baby."
   "NO! You DO NOT get to decide that you didn't hurt me!" Alex shouted, completely upset and broken.
   "You're right. I hurt you. I hurt you so bad and I don't deserve you but I'm asking-I'm begging for a second chance. I will do anything. I will eat cockroaches if I means I get to be with you. I will jump off a cliff, cut off my dick, eat pineapple on pizza, have a run in with the Mafia. Anything! If it means I get to hold you and kiss you and tell you how much I love you daily. I'll be apologizing for the rest of my fucking life but I'll do anything to be with you." Alex stared at me and then out the window.
   "You're lying."
   "No, I'm not."
   "Yeah, right." I looked around at the chemistry class we were in and grabbed a beaker, I had no clue what was in it but I'd die before I didn't get my baby.
   "I'll prove it." Alex turned around just as I pressed the beaker to my lips and screamed. He swatted it out of my hand and it smashed on the floor. Alex bent down and examine the shards before straightening up and staring at me.
   "You were gonna drink Hydrochloric Acid...for me?"
   "I honestly didn't know what it was. Alex, I'd die for you in a heart beat. Yes, it was a bet but I fell in love with you. I've always liked you and the bet just brought to my attention how wonderful you are. I understand if you don't love me anymore or you love someone else. I'll apologize everyday for the rest of my life no matter what. I already hate myself for hurting you and I-" Alex cut me off with a gentle kiss and cupped my cheeks in his hands. I melted into the kiss and let my hands rest on his hips.
   "I still love you." He breathed, I connected our lips again and held Alex close. "If we're gonna do this I have rules."
   "I'll do anything."
   "Rule one, no drinking dangerous chemicals to prove anything. Rule two, no secrets. That means I'll tell you everything and you tell me everything. Rule three, apologies and full explanations form both of us if we ever mess up."
   "Ok. I promise." Alex kissed me again.
   "It all starts now. Which means I get to explain my past and why I ran."
   "Alex, you don't-"
   "Rules." He reminded, I nodded and we sat down. "I ran because I couldn't stand to loose one more person I loved and I did a bad thing. I was depressed and upset and I did something I shouldn't have. I feel like I deserved it but I know it was wrong and I know it wasn't necessary."
   "Lexi...what did you do?" Alex pulled up his sleeve and showed me his wrist. "Alex!" I examined the healing cuts and felt tears pricking the corners of my eyes. "New rule. Never do this again."
"Ok, ok." Alex chuckled dryly, I pulled him into a kiss and held him close.
"I don't want any chance of loosing you, baby." Alex sighed and buried his face in my chest.
"I promise, John."
"Ok, my turn. We were playing truth or dare and I got dared to date you for three weeks. I