Wait For Me

A/N - I'm obsessed with Hadestown I love it

Alexander's POV

I'm one of the best dancers in King's High School and I don't think so. Everyone says I'm the best but I don't think so. Whatever. Anyway, I just finished dressing out in my leggings, Jazz shoes, and t-shirt. I pulled on my cardigan and headed to the dance studio.
"Today, class, we are going to be joined by some special guests." I raised an eyebrow and turned at the sound of the door. I did not like what I saw. "The football team!" Ms. M cheered, I gasped as the team hit on the other sluts in dance and stared wide eyed at the quarterback. John Laurens, the best football player on the team. I've had a crush on him since I got to this school and he helped me open my locker on the first time.

Flashback

"God damn, stupid thing!" I slammed my fist into the door and groaned loudly.
"Hey, woah!" I heard someone call, I turned to find a gorgeous boy standing over me. "Relax." He chuckled, he had straight shoulder length blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. He was a head taller than me and muscular.
"Sorry." I muttered, trying to open my locker again.
"Could I give it a shot?" He smiled.
"Sure." I handed him my schedule with the combination scribbled on it and he smiled.
"Three to the right, land on thirty-one. One to the left, land on thirty seven. To the right, land on twenty nine and tada!" He popped it open and I groaned.
"I've decided I don't like you...thank you."
"No problem." He smiled, a bunch of guys crowded him and they started to shout Broncos, the school mascot. I rolled my eyes and put my books up.

Present

I haven't spoken to him since, he smiles at me in the hall sometimes and I try to avoid him. I don't want to like him and I can't be his friend. I get bullied enough for being the only guy in dance and the best. I shrunk to the corner of the room and avoided the players at all cost.
"Now, they are joining us to improve their performance on the field. We are going to pair you up and you are going to choreograph your own dance." There were shouts of protest from both sides and I stayed quiet. Ms. M looked at me for help and I shook my head, gesturing to John. Ms. M is my adoptive mother and Coach Washington is my adoptive father so of course I was at dinner when the idea was discussed. My adoptive brother Lafayette winked at me and I shook my head more.
"Broncos!" George boomed. "You are to listen to whom ever is speaking to you. If it is a dancer they now have power over you because they are better. Martha, if you'll read the list of partners." Martha nodded and pulled the list out of her bag.
"Eliza with Lafayette. Hercules with Angelica. Martha with Henry..." she read of the list and I tuned out until I heard my name. "Alexander with John." A blush spread across my face and I glared at her.
"Mom!" I hissed quietly, she grinned and I stared at her.
"You have the period to come up with ideas." She smiled, I groaned and buried my face in my hands.
"Hey!" I glanced up to see John smiling down at me and huffed.
"Look. We're partners. We don't need to be friends or talk outside of this. We're just partners." I explained, a sad look passed through his eyes but he smiled nonetheless and shrugged.
"Alright." He hummed. "So what do we do."
"First we figure out a song." I sat down and started to stretch and he watched. "Are you going to sit or just stand there?"
"Oh, sorry." He sat and I continued to stretch. "Could we do something from a musical?" He asked.
"Sure." I shrugged.
"How about...Wait For Me from Hadestown?" I smiled and nodded.
"I love that song." I grinned, John and I talked about it all period and when the bell rang I quickly grabbed my clothes to change.

John's POV

Ok, at first I hated this idea but then I got paired up with Alexander Hamilton. I have a massive crush on him and he totally blew me off. He said we didn't have to be friends which sucks cause I really wanted to at least be his friend. He said we could do Wait For Me from Hadestown and I'm so excited. I can't wait to work with him.