That Sounds So Weird

Penny sees Kelley drop down on one knee in front of her and when she asks her question Penny tries to process a million things currently running through her mind in order to formulate a response. She is aware that everyone is watching and waiting but she finds herself unable to speak at the moment, completely stunned by what is happening. Looking at Kelley's hazel eyes filled with love and uncertainty, she feels her heart answering the question for her, now if she can just get it out.

Kelley still kneeling on the ground patiently awaits the answer to her question, but knowing the keeper as she does, she knows that Penny is currently overthinking every possible scenario before giving her response, so she isn't going to rush her. She would wait forever for her to answer and it's starting to look as though she may have too.

A crowd starts to form around the group, witnessing what is going on and questioning it as Alex continues to record and Ellie takes pictures. The outside world freezes around them as Penny looks at her girlfriend, smiling before saying a soft yes.

Kelley looks at her, "Did you just say yes?" Penny nods, "You said yes?" "Yes, Kelley I said yes." "OMG, you said yes." Kelley looks at her stunned and unsure what to do, Alex sensing the need to give her friend a nudge says, "Kel, how about you get up and put that ring on her finger before she changes her mind." "Right, I should do that." Kelley quickly stands up and hears the applause around them as she slides the ring on Penny's finger before kissing and hugging her. They hold each other taking in the moment before separating and turning towards Penny's family.

Kelley looks at Jane and George, "I know it's a bit late now, but may I have your blessing to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage?" Jane wipes away tears from her eyes before looking at Kelley and Penny, "You have our blessing Kelley." "That's good because it might have been a bit awkward right now if you said no." They all laugh, before hugging each other.

They take a few pictures before it's time for Jane to head back inside for supper. Penny hugs her Mom one last time before George pushes his wife back up the path to the hospital.

Penny takes Kelley's hand and leads her away from Alex and Ellie, "Kel, I know what prompted the proposal and I just want to say thank you for doing that for my Mom." Kelley turns and looks at Penny, "It wasn't just for her beautiful. I love you and I'm serious about marrying you." "I love you too Kel." They exchange a short kiss and smile at each other, "So, how do you feel about getting married in a few days from now?" "What do you mean a few days from now? I thought the idea of the proposal was to make my Mom happy and then we could discuss getting married at a later time." "Nope, we are getting married now. I bought the rings and everything." "Ohhh, and how exactly are we planning on doing that?" "Let's grab Alex and Ellie and figure it out."

They then head back to the Brown's house and try and figure out how to pull it off within the next few days. Thanks to the internet they are able to find out where to get a marriage licence on short notice and also that the hospital has a small non-denominational chapel within it. They make plans to see the chapel the next morning and find out about an officiant for the ceremony.

"What are you guys planning on wearing?" Penny and Kelley look at each other, "I guess we are going dress shopping tomorrow, we don't need anything fancy, just presentable, right?" They both turn to look at Alex, who nods letting them know it will be okay.

"Worms, have you called your parents yet to let them know?" "Crap, nope, I'll do that now, thanks for the reminder, Al."

Kelley leaves the room to call her Mom

RING, RING

"Did Penny say yes?"

"She did, I need you guys in Cali as soon as possible."