The Final Stretch

"Kel, oh my God, please stop teasing!" 

"Says the woman who was enjoying me teasing last night in the bedroom." Penny shakes her head. "Not the same thing, Babe. Now, give me the damn chocolate! I earned it, for keeping pace with you on our run."  

Kelley laughs before handing her the bar, that she is craving. "Yeah, that was pretty impressive for a keeper." 

"You keep teasing and this keeper is keeping her legs shut to you for the foreseeable future."

Kelley laughs before she retakes her spot beside Penny on the couch, "What am I gonna do with myself while you're in England?" 

"Same as always Kel, keep plugging away and working hard and it probably wouldn't hurt to stock up on batteries either." 

"That, right there, is why I love you so much." 

"And what exactly is that?" 

"The fact that you can go from being all serious to making me bust out laughing in a matter of seconds." 

"I really wasn't making light of the situation, just speaking the truth, you need to restock the batteries here and at home; we've gone through a good portion of them playing." 

"Playing with you is fun." Penny laughs. "We can play later, Kel. Right now I want to chill and watch this movie."

After celebrating Christmas and New Year's with the O'Hara clan and her sister, Penny prepares herself to head back to England and get back at it with Manchester City.

Kelley is coming over with her to stay for a week, before returning to the US for camp and Olympic Qualifiers. 

Two days later and they land at Heathrow, grabbing a cab to a nearby hotel for the remainder of the night. Steph offered to come and pick them up, but they didn't want to inconvenience her with waking up in the middle of the night to come and get them, so instead, they opted to grab a room for the night and then meet up with the England and Man City Captain later in the day. 

After a few hours of sleep, they meet up with Steph and after eating at her place and catching up somewhat, they head up to the apartment that Penny is once again sharing with Canadian International Janine Beckie, who has yet to return from the break. 

Kelley and Penny carry their stuff into the bedroom, before getting changed and deciding to crash for the evening. 

In the morning they wake up and realize that there are very few supplies in the kitchen to make food, so they force themselves to get dressed and head to the grocer to get food to fill the cupboards.

Penny comes out of the bedroom with her computer and shows Kelley the email, she received from the team with her schedule for the next few weeks. Kelley is thankful that Penny already went ahead and got permission for her to join in on some of their training and workout sessions. 

As Kelley joins up with the Man City defenders in going through some plays, she can't help but stop and smile as she watches her wife completely in her element being put through the paces with the GK crew.

"Holding the line-up, O'Hara." 

"Sorry!" They laugh at her as she makes the run down the field. 

After the players depart the keepers stay behind for some extra work and Kelley can't help but take out her phone and video Penny making some diving saves and then posting it with the caption "Wifey's got wings!."