The Final

With England scheduled to play Sweden the next day in Nice for third place, Kelley heads back there to be at her wife's side and cheer her and the Lionesses on.

The two of them lay in bed just enjoying the quiet and being in each other's arms.

"This feels so nice, I wish it didn't have to end."

Kelley laughs, "I know what you mean, but we both need to eat and you have a meeting after supper."

"You could come with me."

"Because that would go over really well, a member of the team that beat you showing up for the meeting to discuss your next opponents."

"I'm sure you have some insights that you could share."

"Nothing that they couldn't come up with from watching the Swedes earlier games."

"I guess so, so what are you going to do while I'm busy?"

"Actually, I've got a hot date planned."

"Oh really? With anyone I know?"

"Maybe. I'm meeting your Dad and you already know that."

"I do. Was just checking you weren't looking for company elsewhere."

"I've got all the company I could ever need right here and with you, my beautiful wife." Kelley leans over and kisses Penny.

"I love you, Kel and I'm really sorry about being so distant from you lately."

"It's okay if there's one thing I've learned from attending all those counselling sessions, is that separation and distance allow for an alteration of perspective. You were hurting not only because your team lost, but also because I'm apart of the team that you lost to; you needed to be able to separate the two in your head in order to process it and move forward."

"I think that when I get back to the States, I'm going to do some sessions with a shrink; I'm battling with confidence issues right now and I want to be able to show Reign FC they made the right choice by bringing me in for the rest of the season."

"Whatever you need, I'm here for you."

"I need you." Penny reaches over and pulls Kelley in for a kiss, that begins to escalate until the room door opens, "I really hope the two of you have clothes on!"

They separate and laugh, "All clear, Scotty."

"Came to collect you for supper, figured you would lose track of time."

"Thanks, Jill. Give me a few to freshen up and then we can head down." Penny climbs out of the bed, "If I'm up then you need to get up as well, Babe."

"But, it's warm in here."

Penny smiles and shakes her head before heading into the bathroom to clean up. Returning to find Kelley still in the bed, giving her puppy dog eyes.

"That look isn't going to work on me this time, Kel. I need to go and you need to get out!" She laughs as she says it.

Kelley gives her a pout face.

"Don't make me pull a Pressy and bring out the cold water on you."

"Umm. PB, you do remember that she's in your bed and if you soak it, you aren't sharing my bed." Penny looks at Jill and rolls her eyes.

Penny then walks over and collects her stuff, before walking towards the door with Jill.

"What no goodbye kiss?"

"Come here and get it."

Kelley climbs out of the bed, slides her shoes on and collects her stuff before walking towards Penny and Jill. Her and Penny share a kiss before Kelley heads out into the night on her own until she tracks down George for supper.