Mini-Golf

Kelley and Penny are able to spend a few days together before it's time for the keeper to head to camp and for Kelley to head back stateside.

Arriving back in Atlanta, Kelley is picked up by Erin at the airport. They hug and then make their way out to the car and on to Kelley's apartment. Once they get there, they let themselves in and Kelley is surprised to find Ellie in the kitchen working on supper.

"Hey El, I thought you weren't coming in until Wednesday?"

"I wasn't supposed to be, but the company asked if it would be possible for me to start this week rather than next, so I came in early, I hope that's ok, Erin told me it would be."

"It's no problem, Ellie, I'm just glad that my extra bedroom is going to be getting used. It'll be nice to have some company when I'm home and now Petey will maybe get watered more frequently."

"Petey?" Ellie looks at Erin, who points towards the droopy plant. Ellie nods in acceptance of the fact that her sister in law has named her plant.

"So, what's for supper? It smells good."

"Just pasta, I wasn't sure if you would be up to eating when you got home."

Erin laughs, "Squirrel is always hungry El, haven't you figured that out yet."

"Yeah, Pen did mention something about that now that I think about it. Anyways, let's eat before it gets cold."

The three of them sit down and eat their supper, Ellie and Erin offer to do clean up which is fine with Kelley as she is in serious need of a nap. A nap that eventually turns into almost a full day's worth of sleep.

Kelley wakes up having to pee something fierce, she gets her legs and then makes the short walk to the bathroom. She completes her morning routine before heading out to the kitchen to make a coffee.

"Afternoon sleepy head."

"Huh?" Kelley yawns.

"You are aware that it's almost two in the afternoon."

"Wow, I really slept."

"Yep. You think you are up to going out, we could really use some groceries."

"Can you give me time to grab a coffee, food and a shower?"

"Of course, Oh I spoke with Pen earlier, she tried calling you but didn't get an answer. I told her that you were comatose and would message her later."

"Thanks, is she in camp now?"

"Yeah."

"Did she give any indication as to how it was going?"

"Sounded like she is happy with the coach, he is being true to his word and making the keepers earn their place."

"Good! I know that's all she has wanted, an opportunity to prove herself worthy of the #1kit for the Lionesses. Anyways, give me like an hour then we can go, ok?"

"Yep."

The next two weeks fly by and soon Kelley is on her way to Tampa, Florida for the US camp and their final preparation before the SheBelieves Tournament.

She keeps in almost daily contact with her wife and from Penny has told her it seems as though she has locked down the starting position for England.

Kelley is pacing around the hotel room waiting to get a call or message from Penny letting her know that they have landed and are on their way to the hotel in Philadelphia. Emily and Lindsay sit on the bed watching her.