Double Wedding?

With Penny's team from England having defeated the team from Japan on the back of two goals from Ellen White, they finish at the top of their group; and along with with Japan progress on to the knock out stages.

The next day all eyes are on Le Havre and the matchup of Sweden versus the United States.

The Swedes manage to keep the high flying opposition mostly in check with the exception of the 3rd-minute marker from Lindsey Horan. The US fails to capitalize on several opportunities, missing the mark completely. In the 50th minute, Kelley gets ahold of the ball and passes it off to Tobin Heath; who then works her magic and sends the ball past the Swedish defender and over Lindahl into the back of the net. After the play is reviewed the marker is taken away from Heath and instead credited as an own goal on the Swedish defender Andersson. The US maintains the two-goal cushion to finish out the round on top of their group.

With both teams essentially on lockdown mode now that they've reached the round of 16, the only communication between Kelley and Penny is via the phone.

Penny lays in her hotel room, Facetiming with Kelley before bed.

"Have you spoken or seen Erin today?"

"No, why?"

"Because our sisters have been discussing getting married in Vegas."

"Sweet, I love Vegas!"

"Kel, not the point."

"Right, sorry, what's the point?"

"It would be nice if they had a real ceremony that everyone could attend, that's all."

"It's their wedding they should be allowed to do it however and where ever they like. Pen, can I ask what has prompted that line of thought? Do, you regret the way we got married?"

"A bit, I know that your teammates have been ribbing you about getting married without them in attendance and it's been the same for me. I feel guilty, I guess that most of my teammates weren't able to share what is meant to be a special day with me and us."

"Pen, I love you and would marry you again tomorrow if given the opportunity. What would you say to us renewing our vows in front of our families, friends and teammates after the season is over with?"

"Really? You would do that?"

"I would do anything for you, beautiful. Plus, it will make for some pretty sick pics once we win the Cup."

"Oh, you went there huh?"

Kelley grins at her, "Yep!"

Penny hangs up on Kelley and then Kelley gets a message from her.

Pen: Let's do it, but the Cup will be on my side of the altar. XO

Kelley laughs at the message and responds

Kel: Game on! XO

A few days later, the Lionesses take to the pitch in Valenciennes against the team from Cameroon, in a match that proves controversial to say the least; with the team from Cameroon repeatedly pushing and crossing the boundaries of fair play.

In the 4th minute of play, Yvonne Leuko of Cameroon receives a yellow card after taking down Nikita Parris on the right side.

Cameroon struggles to gain possession of the ball as England jumps all over them. In the 12th minute, the Lionesses gain the box and play the ball across the box, the Cameroonian defender intercepts and knocks the ball back to her keeper. The referee blows the play dead on the intentional back pass and awards England the ball just outside the six-yard box. In a moment sure to be remembered the entire Cameroon team lines the goal line in an attempt to block the shot. The whistle blows and Toni Duggan taps the ball over to England Captain, Steph Houghton, who finds a hole in their defence and puts them on top, 1 – 0.