Disappointment

Penny wakes up in the morning feeling excited and energized, with the realization that later on in the day Kelley and her Royals teammates will be landing in the city for their match against each other, this time on Penny's turf. The two teams are still in the hunt for the final playoff position so the game is an important one.

After their training session, Penny heads to the grocery store and collects everything she needs to make her wife supper. Jodie helps her roommate carry in everything and then makes herself scarce for the next 24 hours, knowing how much Penny needs to reconnect with her wife.

Penny sits and anxiously awaits the message that Kelley is near after their flight was delayed by mechanical issues.

She gets the message that they have landed and are on their way now to the hotel from Kelley and puts supper in the oven knowing it will need the time it takes for Kelley to arrive at the apartment to cook, not to mention, she wants to make sure that everything looks perfect.

45 minutes later, there is a knock at the door and Penny opens it to find Kelley and Allie at her door. They both walk in and take a look around. Kelley looks at Allie, "Time to go, Wookie, I'll see you tomorrow." Allie smiles and nods, "Have fun, but not too much fun, we need don't need any injuries."

Kelley pushes Allie out the door, closing it behind her and then locking it. Smiling at Penny she walks towards her and they embrace and share a kiss.

"You hungry, Kel?"

Kelley laughs, "When am I not?"

"True. Why don't you get changed into something comfier and supper should be ready pretty soon."

"Sounds good." Kelley collects her suitcase and heads towards the bedroom to get changed while Penny lights the candles and puts on some music for them.

Kelley walks out a few minutes later and looks around, "Now I feel like I'm underdressed."

"You're perfect just the way you are, Kel."

After eating they curl up on the couch and watch the latest episode of "The Bachelor" which Penny has never really gotten into but Kelley likes to pass judgement on the women involved and her commentary is generally hilarious, so Penny watches and laughs at her.

"This is nice." Kelley and Penny kiss and hold each other as the show continues.

Once it's over with they make sure that everything is cleaned up in the kitchen and put away before heading to the bedroom. They both complete their nighttime routine before stripping out of their clothes and climbing into bed to enjoy each other's body and company.

They kiss and play a bit, but both are more about sharing the time with each other rather than making love at that moment.

"You looking forward to the season being over, Pen?"

"Hopefully not before we win the Championship, but, yeah, it's been a long one. I looking forward to being able to spend more than 24 hours at a time with you, and being able to sleep whenever and eat whatever I want."

"Are you going to play in friendlies that England has coming up?"

"I have too if I want to keep my #1 spot."

"Is it okay with you if I play in our friendlies then as well?"

"Kel, you don't have to ask my permission to play in them, I'll be in England and the Czech Republic, so you might as well be playing too. We knew going into this that things weren't going to calm down until probably after the Olympics."