Inevitable

Kelley and Penny walk towards their car after waiting with the England crew at LAX until their flights were called. Kelley reaches for Penny's hand and smiles when the keeper quickly responds by holding it. When they reach the car, Kelley hits the unlock button on the keyfob but stops Penny from opening the door, long enough to wrap her arms around her and take in a deep breath of her vanilla smelling shampoo.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?" Penny asks as she gets in the passenger seat.

Kelley takes her seat behind the wheel and turns her head to look at Penny, "I know watching your girls leave was difficult for you, I figured you could use a hug."

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome, now we have our room for one more night, how about we try out that fancy jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, grab a pizza and curl up to a movie."

"Add some wings and I'm totally down for that."

"Deal. Love you beautiful."

"Love you too Kel."

Later that night at the hotel, the couple are curled up in the bed and watching some Melissa McCarthy movie that is playing.

"Pen, stop thinking so much I can't see the steam coming out of your ears."

"Can't help it, what Steph said at breakfast is sticking with me."

"I know you miss playing for Man City, but right now it's more important that you are here for your family. If you were to head back there and something happened to your Mom in the meantime, you would always regret not being here; Steph said the offer was open to rejoin them, take some time to really think about it, Babe."

"Being #1 for Man City and England is my dream Kel."

"I know, and I want that for you; I won't stand in your way, but the timing needs to be right."

Penny lets out a bit of a snicker, which Kelley catches, "What's funny?"

"Just thinking about timing. If I didn't come home to play for Utah, we most likely would have never really met and I wouldn't have fallen in love with and gotten married to you. Now, I'm being offered a shot at my dream and the timing sucks because I don't want to leave my family and I really don't want to leave you."

"If you didn't come home to play for the Royals, there is a strong possibility I wouldn't be sober right now. When you left for England and I was in Atlanta, it hit me hard; generally, my way of coping has always been to drink and find a random hookup. I went out to a bar and ordered a drink, I was close to drinking it and my phone beeped, it was a simple message from you: I miss you. I left the bar and drink behind and called my sponsor. You have changed me and my life Penelope Brown and I love you. I firmly believe that we were meant to meet, fall in love, get married and spend our lives together. I also believe that your time to shine will come, have faith. Now let's try and figure out why the heck he is chasing her down the side of a highway."

The next morning after Kelley and Penny have showered together and managed to get dressed. They back up their belongings and head down to grab a quick breakfast before checking out and heading to the hospital to visit Jane. When they get there, they find Jane dressed in her own clothes and George packing her bag.

Penny takes in the sight, "What's going on?"

"I want to spend my last Christmas at home with my family, not in a stuffy hospital room."

"But .."

"No buts Penelope, Eleanor is already at the store getting groceries, so we can have a family supper. Kelley, I expect you to help me out with it."