Time To Hang 'Em Up

Penny celebrates with her teammates as the final whistle blows and they are officially named the WSL Champions for the second straight season. It would have been nice to complete the triple but it just wasn't in the cards for Manchester City. 

NWSL News 

The Utah Royals have reached an agreement with Manchester City of the FA WSL for the release and transfer of goalkeeper, England International star, Penny Brown O'Hara for the balance of the 2019/20 season. Brown O'Hara will be rejoining the team following the conclusion of the Olympics, where she is currently a member of Team Great Britain. 

Kelley sits in her room with Alex watching a movie and relaxing after an early morning training session with the USWNT in preparation for their opening game of the Summer Olympics. 

Alex looks at her phone, "Worms, have you talked to your wife lately?" 

"Not since last night, why?" 

Alex turns her phone so Kelley can see the headline and story posted on the NWSL website. 

"You didn't know about this?" 

Kelley holds the phone and shakes her head as there is a knock on the door. Alex gets up and answers it. 

"You've got some explaining to do, let me grab my phone from your wife and I'll get out of your hair." 

"Thanks Alex." 

Kelley clues into the fact that her wife is in the room, "How?" 

Penny smiles and takes her in her arms, "It's a long story, but it involves draft picks, allocation money and international spots." 

"You're coming back to Utah? With me?" 

"I am." 

Penny wipes the tears running down Kelley's face before kissing her, "I wanted to be the one to tell you about the move but it all came through this morning and I couldn't get out of our training and meeting." 

"How are things with Emma at the helm rather than Phil?" 

"So, much better, I'm glad that England removed him as the Head Coach after the SheBelieves loss." 

"They kinda had to or else it would have looked bad on them, having a Coach going off on how the romantic relationships between teammates and competitors were responsible for throwing off the chemistry of the team." 

"True, did you hear what he said about us?" 

"Nope and I don't care. All I care about is that my wife is happy and we're at the Olympics together!" 

Penny sits down on the edge of the bed and Kelley follows sitting down beside her. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I was just thinking about how this is most likely the last time I'm going to representing England in a tournament."

"It doesn't have to be, Pen, we can wait a bit longer to have a family." 

"Kel, as hard as it's going to be for me to step away from the Lionesses, it's going to be so much easier to return to the NWSL with you in front of me. You should know that Utah also holds an extension on my contract for one more year. I want to play one full season with you before I hang up my cleats."

"I like that idea, I still can't believe that Reign let you go." 

"You may want to speak to Megan because she told them to push through the deal so that we could be together."