And So It Begins ...

Skip ahead a few months and Penny's Manchester City team has won everything. She is primed and ready to go as England's number one stopper heading into the 2019 Women's World Cup in France.

It's been a difficult last few months for Kelley and Penny as both have been extremely busy and haven't had a break in their schedules long enough to allow them to visit each other, so they've been relying on technology to keep their relationship together.

It's late at night and they are Facetiming each other, even though they are now in the same country, the United States and England are playing in different groups and thus playing in different cities. With a bit of help from Lucy Bronze, they are able to figure out when and where it's plausible for them to meet up.

"I can't wait until we are both back in the States together. I hate not being able to touch you and sniffing a bottle of your shampoo just isn't the same as smelling your hair."

"You do realize how weird that just sounded, right, Kel?"

"I don't care, I'm tired and incredibly horny and really, really miss my wife."

"Nice to know where I rate in your priorities."

"You are always my number one, Pen, you know that."

"I do, and I already told Scotty to make herself scarce when you arrive, so we have the room to ourselves."

"Same, Sonny has already been told to disappear. Right, Sonny?"

"KO, can you please shut up, I'm trying to sleep!"

"Want some cheese with that whine, Sonny?"

"OMG shut the fuck up!"

Kelley laughs as Emily covers her head with a pillow. "I guess, I should probably go now, beautiful. I love you and will see you soon."

"Love you too, Kel. Sweet dreams."

Kelley plugs her phone in and sets it down on the nightstand, before turning the lamp off, "Thank god!"

"Night, Sonny."

"Night."

Kelley sits on the end of her bed in the hotel room with the TV fixed on the England and Scotland game live from Stade de Nice. There is a knock on the door, "Go away!"

"Open the door, Worms, we came to watch the game with you."

Kelley jumps off the bed and quickly opens the door before running back to retake her spot.

Alex, Allie, Tobin and Christen make themselves comfortable.

"No, Sonny?"

"She's gone out somewhere with Mal, and Rose."

"That can't be good, the three of them out alone in France."

"Shh! Game is starting!"

It doesn't take long for VAR to come into play, as the referee blows the whistle as reviews a possible handball in the Scotland penalty area. After determining that the offending player's arm was not in a natural position, the Lionesses are awarded a penalty kick a mere 14 minutes into the game. Nikita Parris lines up behind the ball and when the whistle blows, makes no mistake is burying behind Scottish keeper Lee Alexander.

Play goes back and forth, and Kelley is getting antsier as it does, standing up and pacing around the room.

"Calm down, Worms."

"Easy for you to say, it's not your wife on the screen."

"KO, Penny has barely even touched the ball so far. I think you can relax a bit."