Mudbloods and Quidditch Tryouts

You've been talking to Gryffindor Quidditch members saying how you wanted to try out for Keeper. Oliver Wood seemed intrigued that you wanted to fulfill that position. "I think you'd be a fair keeper." Oliver said as you and the other Gryffindor quidditch members (including Harry) walked onto the field. "But, here's the thing, Oliver." you say, facing the team. I know how brutal Slytherin gets whenever they're in a game against Gryffindor and I don't want to be a part in any of their shenanigans because you know how loyal I am to Gryffindor house." you sigh. "This is true, but you're not like them, Y/N. Maybe you can soften the team up a bit. At least to a point to where they don't do foul play that's constantly ignored by the professors." Wood replied. "You really think I should try out for the team?" you asked. "Yeah. I think that'd make Quidditch more fun." Oliver said. Agreements echoed amongst the group. "Okay. I'll try out then," you say before sprinting off to the Slytherin common room.

Once you reached your common room, you found Marcus Flint on one of the couches. "I wanna tryout." you say. Flint's head cocked his head towards you. "You? Tryout? Why?" he asked. "Because I want to. When are tryouts?" you snap. "In an hour. They are extra robes in the tent." Flint replied. You nodded. 

One Hour Later________

You raced in the tent and changed into Slytherin Quidditch robes. Your robes had the number 12 on it. Just as you walked out, you see Malfoy coming out of the opposite tent. "What are you doing here, Blackbird?" Malfoy snapped. 
"I should as you the same thing, Malfoy." you snapped back. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying out for the Quidditch team."
"Great, now you know why I'm here." you say with a smirk.
"You? On the Quidditch team? Ha! They wouldn't allow a blood traitor like yourself in the team even if the world was about to end."
"Well, duh, the world would end anyway so there wouldn't be a use for doing that. See you on the field, Malfoy," you say, nudging him hard with your shoulder.

You entered the field. I turned out only you and Draco were the only ones trying out for the team. 
"Alright. Just because you're the only ones who showed up for tryouts, doesn't mean you get the spot. Blackbird, up to the rings. Malfoy, wait a moment."

You mount your Nimbus 2000 and fly up to the rings. The chasers mount their brooms and started throwing a quaffle around. Whenever they tried to make a ring, you were able to block it easily. 

After about thirty minutes, Flint called you back down. "Alright. You're in."
Your smile brightened. "Malfoy, you're next."
"No need, Flint. I already know I'm going to be a good seeker with this."
He showed off his Nimbus 2001. Your eyes widen with jealousy. "So? Get on the field." Flint said. Draco smirked and snapped his fingers. His father then showed up with several other Nimbus 2001's. "For the whole team." Lucius said with a smirk. The nimbus 2001 were passed around. "Oh.." Lucious said as he got to you. "I seem to have forgotten to by one more. Sorry, Ms. Blackbird. Looks like you'll have to use your old one."
You saw Draco smirk with satisfaction. "That's no problem, Mr. Malfoy. At least I know I got on the team according to my talent, not my father's money."
In that instant, both Draco and Lucius's smiles faded. "I'd watch that mouth of yours, Ms. Blackbird. It can get you in trouble." Lucius said cocking an eyebrow. You smirk at him and dismiss yourself from the field. 

You then rush to the Gryffindor common room. "I got in! I got in!" you say. The Gryffindor Quidditch members clapped for you. "Good job, Blackbird." Oliver said. "Ditto." the twins said in unison. "Maybe it'll actually be fun to go against Slytherin for once." Angelina Johnson said. You chuckle at that. "Congrats, Y/N." Ron says. "Thanks, Ron." you say. "We're gonna have some interesting games this year." Harry said. "That, you're right, Harry." you agree. "Ahhh!" came a boy's voice. It was your brother. He attacked you with a hug. "I can't believe it! My sister got on the team!" he picked you up and spun you around.
"Bro. Chill. I need to breath." you say. He lets you go and the room fills with laughter.

***Time skip

It was a Quidditch practice day. Your uncle Snape gave the team permission to practice on the field instead of Gryffindor. As you made your way to the field, you see the Gryffindor team walk up to you. "What- I don't believe it! Where do you think you're goin', Flint?" Oliver asked.
"Quidditch practice." Flint replied as you and the team approached the Gryffindors.
"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver said. "Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Flint said, handing Oliver the note.
You then see Hermione and Ron approach beside the Gryffindor team. Oliver read the note. "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You've got a new Seeker. Who?" Oliver ased. The team members made way for Malfoy to appear in front. "Malfoy?" Harry said, trying to hold in a laugh. "That's right. And that's not all that new this year." Draco said as he showed off his ebony broom
"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones! How did you get those?" Ron said with jeolousy and oturage.
"A gift from Draco's father." Flint sneered. You roll your eyes. "Y/N doesn't have one." Fred whispered to George. "Loyal." George whispered back.
"You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best."  Draco bragged.  "At least Y/N or no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got it on pure talent." Hermione smirked
"No one asked your opinion...you filthy little Mudblood!" 
The Gryffindor team gasped. You looked at Malfoy with pure hate. Ron approached Malfoy. "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" he flicked his wand, but it failed and Ron flew back. The Slythering Quidditch team started to laugh. You run to Ron along with Harry and Hermione. "You okay, Ron? Say something!" Hermione said. But, the only sound that came out of Ron was a gagging sound and he threw up a slug. The Gryffindor team groaned while the Slyherins (except you) laughed. There was a flash of a camera where Colin Creevey was standing. "Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Colin asked. "No, Colin! Get out of the way!" Harry said as he and Hermione were getting Ron up. "Let's take him to Hagrid's." 
Ron threw up another slug. "I'll meet you guys there. I need to do something." you say, giving Malfoy a stink eye. Harry and Hermione nodded and left. 
"Malfoy, I thought you couldn't sink any lower." you say as you cracked your knuckles. "What are you gonna do about it, blood traitor Blackbird?" Malfoy challenged. "This." you say with a smirk. You wait a second. Malfoy thought you were gonna draw your wand, but instead you kicked him where the sun didn't shine.  Malfoy screamed and collapsed to the floor. 
"Hey, hey, hey!" Flint yelled. "Do you want a spot on this team or not?" Flint asked. "You don't have a choice. I'm your only chance." you say before running off towards Hagrids Hut.

You didn't even knock, you just burst in, out of breath. "Y/N, what happened?" Harry asked. "Got some revenge." you say with an evil smirk. "Y/N, what did ya do?" Hagrid asked. "I kicked Malfoy." you say with a smirk. Hagrid shook his head. "Because of what he did." you say. "What did he do?" 
"He called me a Mudblood." Hermione said, crossing her arms. Hagrid gasped. "He did not!"
"What's a Mudblood?" Harry asked.
"It means "dirty blood." Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is Muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation."
See, the thing is, Harry, there're some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think they're better'n everyone else because they're what people call "pure blood."
"That's horrible!"Harry said. Ron threw up a slug in the bucket Hagrid gave him. "It's disgusting." Ron said weakly. "And it's codswallop, to boot. "Dirty blood." Why, there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half blood or less. More ter the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can' do. Come here..." Hagrid said to Hermione. Hermione walked up to her and took her hand. "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute... eh?"
Hermione managed a smile as tears sparkled in her brown eyes. 

You spent the rest of the time having tea at Hagrids while Ron was getting all the slugs out of his system. You totally skipped practice due to Malfoy's behavior and the team captain doing nothing about it. You weren't even sure if you wanted to play for the team anymore. But, what choice did you have in the matter.