Herbology, a Howler, and Pesky Pixies

Your alarm is blazing in your ears. It's 6:30. You groan and press the stop button. You roll out of bed and land on the floor with an "Oof!" and groan once more. You were used to sleeping in at this time, but you were now back at school and needed to get back into an early schedule. You get up groggily and head towards your bathroom and brushed your teeth. You changed into your robes, did your hair in your desired choice and headed up the stairs to the common room. No one was up yet (you preferred to get up earlier to avoid early confrontation) so you sat on one of the couches. Shadow jumped on the couch next to you, yawned, then layed down. Pocket was on top of Shadow, riding on her back. You took Locket and had him climb into the pocket of your robes. After your morning nausea subsided, you headed out of the common room and to Great Hall.

You enter the Great Hall and see Hermione. You smile and wave to the bushy brown haired girl who smiled and waved back. She signaled you to join her. You jogged over and sat next to her. "Any news?" you asked. "They're here." Hermione said. You sighed in relief. "They missed the train, but used Mr. Weasley's car to get here. They got in major trouble, though. Detention for Merlin knows how long."
"At least they're here and alright." you sigh with a relieved tone. You grab some toast, bacon, and sausage and dug in. You were now starving since you now knew Harry and Ron made it alright.

After several moments, more students filled the Great Hall. Your eyes then caught the sight of glasses and a mop of red hair. You leap from your seat and run towards them. You bring the both of them into a hug. "You two scared me to death." you say as you break the embrace. You then flick the both of their foreheads, making them both wince. "OW!" Ron whined. "What was that for?" Harry asked. "You know exactly what that was for. You scared the living hell out of me." you say in an angry tone, but then your face softened. "I'm just glad you're here and safe now." you sigh. You bring the boys over the Gryffindor table and let them eat until the bell rung

***

Your first class of the day was Herbology. You got into a gardening robe and some earmuffs ( as required on the list of that day's class)
You were stuck next to Pansy for that class. She nudged you hard before Professor Sprout entered the room.
"Morning, everyone!" she greeted. The class was still filled with Chatter so she repeated herself. "Good morning, everyone!"
"Good morning, Professor Sprout!" you and everyone said in unison.
 "Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we are going to repot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"
You and Hermione raised your hands. "Yes, Miss Granger," Professor Sprout pointed to Hermione.
"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."
"Excellent! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Professor Sprout said, impressed. You smiled to Hermione and gave her a thumbs up. Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for several hours, which is why I have given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So, could you please put them on, right away? Quickly! Flaps tight down, and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply up out of the pot..." she pulled the Mandrake out of the pot and the Mandrake started to cry. You pressed on your earmuffs firmly. "Got it? And... now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm."
From a distance you saw Neville faint.
"Uh, Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Professer Sprout sighed.
"No, ma'am, he's just fainted." Seamus informed.
"Yes, well, just leave him there. Right! On we go! Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake, and pull it up!"

You all pulled your Mandrakes up. Everyone held theirs up for a while, but you put yours in right as you pulled it out. You glanced around the room and see Draco teasing the Mandrake with his finger. The mandrake bit Draco's finger and Draco pulled it out and wiped his finger on his robes and dropped it in the next pot. You laughed at him as you put the soil in your pot.