Werewolves and Quidditch

It has been quite some time since Sirius Black was accused of entering the grounds. He hasn't been seen by a student yet, so Harry's still safe. And nothing else has happened yet. 
But other things have grown suspicious. Lupin has been looking rather pale and sick lately and I am personally worried for him. 
I've been slowly getting over the whole act that Pansy and the other Slytherins pulled. It still sometimes haunts me if I'm alone and the thought just hits me like bricks in a pillowcase. Or if I see any of them make eye contact with me for a split second I feel as if I'll break.
I've been spending a lot of time in my room since the new curfew was set. I didn't want to see anyone anyway. I haven't even visited the Gryffindor common room in a while. 
Besides everyone worrying about Harry's safety, they've been worrying about my mental state. Those who actually know me and care about me always check on me, but I always give them the same answer that I'm fine. I've written to my mum and dad about it and what he says to me always makes me feel better, so I really am fine...when I don't think about it. 
Tommy on the other hand worries that if he leaves me alone I'd shatter like a glass bowl tipping on the edge of a counter. He always asks me at least ten times if I'll be okay before we separate, which I think is sweet, but can be a little annoying sometimes. He always wants to do things for me and I always turn him down because I don't want him to waste all of his energy worrying about me. He has more important things to worry about. 

It's the day before the Quidditch match and I don't plan on giving Tommy his bat until tomorrow before the match. I was excited to give it to him because he deserved it after everything he's done for me.
It's also been really rainy all week, so I'm worried about it being rainy during the quidditch match. 

In DADA, all of us were waiting in the DADA classroom for Lupin, but instead of Lupin, Snape came through the door, strutting while flicking his wand, closing all the shutters of the windows until he reached the front of the classroom and pulled down a projector. 
"Turn to page 394," Snape said as he turned around to face the class. We all confusedly started flipping through our textbooks. Snape started walking down one of the rows.
"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" asked Harry. 
"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394," Snape said sternly as he turned the projecting device that was in the back of the classroom. 
I heard a thumping noise and looked to Ron who was now on the page. 
"Werewolves?" asked Ron. 
"But, sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks," said Hermione who had just appeared in the seat next to Harry.
"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron asked Harry. Harry shrugged as Hermione took out her textbook. 
"Quiet," said Snape. "Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?" 
Hermione raised her hand. 
"No one?" Snape said, ignoring Hermione's hand as he walked right passed her, back to the front of the class as pictures displayed themselves on the projector. "How disappointing."
I rose my hand. 
"Ah, I see someone has an answer. Tell me, Ms. Blackbird. Can you tell me the difference between and Animagus and a werewolf?"
"Yes, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind,"  explained. 
"Awooooo!" Draco howled at me. Crabbe and Goyle laughed. 
"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape said sarcastically to Malfoy. "And thank you, Ms. Blackbird for waiting to be called on and not speaking out of turn until you've been called on. Ten points to Slytherin."
Snape continued the lesson. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it."
The whole class groaned in disappointment. I saw something float across the room. 
"But sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow," said Harry. I noticed he now had a note in his hand. It must've been from Malfoy. 
Snape leaned down across Harry's desk. "Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394," he grumbled to Harry. 
"The term "werewolf"... is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word wer... which means man, and wolf. Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..."
Halfway through the lesson, I was already done with taking notes, which meant I was pretty much halfway done with my paper.
I finished my paper that night and I had just enough time to wrap the bat up in wrapping  paper. I

The next day right before the Quidditch match, I snuck to the tents where everyone was cleaning their equipment. 
"Hiya, everyone," I greeted. 
"Watcha doin' in here, Y/N? You're technically not supposed to be here," Cedric said as he was cleaning his goggled. 
"I know. I just have something for Tommy if you don't mind," I said, hiding the gift behind my back. I saw Tommy perk his head up as soon as I said his name.
"You have two minutes," Cedric said. I nodded. Tommy got up and walked to me. 
"Hiya, luv. What do you need?" Tommy asked sweetly. 
"I don't need anything. I actually have something for you," I said, placing the present out in front of me. I saw Tommy's eyes widen. 
"You got me a gift? Oh, Y/N, you shouldn't have," Tommy said excitedly. 
"I owed you for everything you've done for me. I sneakily bought it at Hogsmeade," I said. I gave Tommy the gift and he unwrapped it like a five year old on Christmas day. He gasped and his eyes widened even more. 
"This is the new brand that came out not even a month ago! Oh my god! Y/N, you're brilliant!" Tommy said, excitedly. 
"I knew you'd like it," I smiled. Tommy gave me an excited hug. 
"I didn't know we were exchanging Christmas gifts early. I already bought yours at Hogsmeade too! I'll give it to you after the match, yeah?" said Tommy. 
"Oh no. You don't have to do that--"
"Two minutes are up, cousin. You should probably go now. Not long before the match starts," Cedric announced. 
"Oh, okay. Good luck," I said to Tommy before giving him a kiss on the cheek. I left the tent and went to go find my seat. 

To my dismay, it was a raining pretty hard. hated whenever we had quidditch when it rained. It risked the players abilities to play fairly. 
So far, Gryffindor was winning, but Tommy was doing a really good job with his new bat. But, then he was also against the twins who were also fairly good beaters as well, so the bludgers would fly back and forth for a whole minute and half before the bludgers would try to find a different target and restart the cycle again. 
The chasers were doing fairly well in the rain and the Oliver and the Hufflepuff keeper were doing well also. 
But, I worried deeply for Cedric and Harry who had to look for the snitch through all the rain. 
Eventually, I saw them both fly high into the sky. But, tragedy struck almost as soon as they did. Cedric started flying down until he caught his broom. He was smoking. He was struck by lightening. But, then Harry came flying down, unconsciouss. We all panicked as we saw him fall. But, then right before he hit the ground, he stopped. Somebody must've used the cushioning charm to soften his fall. Thank goodness he was okay. 
"Cedric Diggory caught the snitch! Hufflepuff wins!" Lee said on over the PA. Everyone in Hufflepuff cheered. I sighed in relief. Little did I know, I sighed a little too soon.

As soon as everyone started clearing out, I made my way to the field. 
"Congratulations!" I said, happily approaching the Hufflepuff team. 
Almost as if everything happened in slow motion, I saw Tommy's smile turn into a frown. 
"Watch out!" he screamed. He pushed me out of the way, knocking me to the floor, causing me to black out...