Transfiguration Off Subject And an Odd Theory

You kept a good stance away from trouble the next day. It seemed Pansy Parkinson didn't tattle on you for punching her, unless someone stopped her. You though Will or Deedee probably did since they had more control over the younger students and they were your friends. 

You ate breakfast in peace with the golden trio and headed to Transfiguration. You took a seat next to Hermione. Professor McGonagall handed out small animals. Ron used Scabbers since he was small enough. Hermione was handed a chamelion and you were handed a raven.  You had a little fun with him before the lesson started. You would outstretch your arm and he'd climb perch on it. "A raven's a black bird. Just like you, Y/N." Hermione said. "I love ravens." you say. "Then why weren't you sorted into Ravenclaw?" Hermione asked. "The sorting hats words stay. So, I'm in Slytherin." you reply as you let the raven back in its perch.

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall said, trying to earn the attention of the class. The chatter settled down and McGonagall continued. "Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so," she pointed her wand at a bird with black feathers and white outlines on the feathers and a crowned beak. " One, two, three, Vera verto." a small spark emerged from the tip of the wand and the bird turned into a water goblet.  "Now it's your turn. Well, who would like to go first?" she looked around the class rom. "Ah! Mr. Weasley. One, two, three. Vera verto."
Ron cleared his throat. "Vera verto!"
A green spark emerged from the wand and Scabbers turned into a cup, but it was furry and had a tail. The class (including you, minus Hermione) erupted into laughter.
"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall said stricly.

You noticed Hermione raising her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger?" McGonagall replied. "Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about...the Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione asked. McGonagall's expression turned dark.
"Well, very well." McGonagall replied. "Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."
"-Three guesses who." Ron said out loud. Professor McGonagall nodded to him. "Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."
"Muggle-borns." Hermione said softly. 
"Well, naturally, the school had been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."
"Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Hermione asked uneasily.
" Well, the Chamber is said to home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."
"Is that the one that caused the attack on Filch's cat?" you asked. "No one knows what happened that night, Ms. Blackbird. It is just a legend. A legend that has no evidence of being true."
"I care to disagree." you mutter softly.

The class then contined on as if nothing happened. You were able to turn your raven into a water goblet with no problem along with Hermione. 

After class ended, you and the golden trio were talking in the hallwat.
"D'you think it's true? D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Ron asked.
"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are." Hermione repied.
"I knew it." you say in a loud whisper.
"Well, if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, a-and it really has been opened, then that means--"
"-The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?"
"Let's think. Who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?" Ron said.
"If you're talking about Malfoy." Hermione snapped as the blonde haired boy jogged past with his two goonies.
"-Of course. You heard him! 'You'll be next Mudbloods,'"
"Language, Ronald! I'm a Slytherin and I still know not to use that word." you snap.
"I heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?" Hermione said.
"Well, maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries," Harry said in agreement to Ron.
"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling." Ron said. You snickered at him. Hermione did so too. "Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way. Mind you, it would be difficult. Not to mention, we would be breaking about fifty school rules. And, it'll be dangerous. Very dangerous."
"Sounds like first year all over again." you say with a smirk. 

Small time skip----

You were in the library with the golden trio, looking through books.
"Here it is. 'The Polyjuice Potion.'" Hermione said reading from Moste Potente Potions. "'Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another.'
"Do you mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.
"Yes." Hermione replied blankly.
"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything." ROn said, fangirling.
"Doing it again." you mutter under your breath
" Exactly. But it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion." Hermione said as she was reading the page.
"Well, how long will it take to make?" Harry asked. Hermione looked up from the book and scrunched her face "A month."
You exchange looks with Harry, eyes widened.
"A month? But, Hermione, if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then." Harry exclaimed.
"I know. But it's the only plan we've got."
"I'm not even gonna be ehre to see it." you say. The trio cocked their heads to you. "Why not?" Ron asked. "Christmas." you say. 
"Can't you ask to stay?" Harry asked. "I can't. The premium for the picture."
"Premier." Hermione corrected. "Yeah, that."
"Isn't that on the first of December, though?" Hermione asked. "Yeah, but for Christmas, my dad wants to take us out of the country to the studium-"
"-Studio," Hermione corrected.
"Where the muggles who directed parts of the picture and that's also where my grandmother grew up so my mum wants to see that."
"Oh..." the trio said in unison. "Yeah, sorry guys," you say, dropping your head. "But, hey," you perked up. "You know who I'd turn into if I could?" you ask. The trio exchanged looks and shrugged. "Pansy Parkinson. It'd be fun to do something stupid in front of Draco to make him think she did it so they wouldn't be friends anymore." you smirk.
"Why do you care about Pansy's relationship with Malfoy?" Hermione asked.
You stopped. "I don't." you said bluntly. "I just hate Pansy and a way to get to her is through Draco. So, if I turned into Pansy, did something stupid to or in front of Draco, she's suffer because she's obsessed with Draco and when she realizes Draco won't talk to her for no reason *cough cough* me, I will have the last laugh instead of her."
"Okay first of all," Ron said. "You really are a Slytherin sometimes, and why do you keep saying his name?"
"What do you mean?" you asked, furrowing your eyebrows.
"Malfoy? You keep mentioning him by his first name! Why did you do that?"
"Slipped out." you say softly. Ron cocked an eyebrow at you and you punched his arm. "Do you want to vomit slugs again, 'cause I'll make you if you keep giving me that look." you snap. "Ow." Ron whinced. "Enough, you two." Hermione said in a motherly tone. "Seriously, can't you two stop acting immature."
"We're kids, Hermione. Not adults." you reply. Hermione gave you an eye roll and continued to read through the book.