Chapter 20: A Forgotten Promise

Team RWBY: What's Professor Ozpin doing here?!?!

Ozpin: I've been called by the Professor here since he said that he had my students, I didn't believe him at first but I still came just in case, I'm glad I did.

Aizawa: Same for me, I'm glad to see that you are all okay, but now that I know that you guys are Okay, I'm going to sleep...

With that Aizawa took out his sleeping bag and went to sleep in the ground.

Rias: It's been a while, Brother.

Sirzechs: Yes, It has, We've been looking for you.

Meanwhile You were talking with Whis who didn't seem surprised to see you at the slightest.

Y/N: WHIS?!

Whis chuckled for a moment before looking at you and everyone else in your group.

Whis: It seems you've made some new friends since you disappeared.

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Whis: Bulma told me that if I went and found you, she'd give me a fairly good tasting meal!

You took a deep sigh and shook you head.

Y/N: Why am I not surprised...?

Whis: Apart from that, I've noticed a few changes in you, not only has your natural strength improved, but you have some strange relic within you that contains Divine energy.

You raised your arm and activated your Boosted Gear and showed to him.

Y/N: You mean this? It was given to me.

Whis laughed a bit more and looked at you with a teasing look in his eye.

Whis: Uh-oh! Gaining strength without earning it will make a certain grumpy saiyan very unhappy!

Your eyes widened as you began to think of what he meant

Flashback: 6 Years into the past

You were sitting on a rooftop with Vegeta after a long 3 days of bone shattering training with him

Y/N: V-Vegeta...You were really hard on me today...!

Vegeta: Oh stop you're whining! I'm doing you a favor!

You looked at Vegeta with a confused look on your face.

Vegeta: You managed to become a Super Saiyan at the age of 5, that's something not even MY son accomplished...

You looked at him with wide eyes

Vegeta: ...You have potential, and a lot of it, that's why I'm going to make you the strongest Saiyan that ever lived...of course besides me!

Y/N: Y-Yeah! I'll do my best!!

Vegeta: Y/N, I want you to promise me something...

You gave him another confused look and waited for an answer

Vegeta: Promise me that you won't throw away your pride and honor as a saiyan! And earn all of the power you obtain! Like us! Don't disgrace our race!

Y/N: Y-Yes! I Promise I won't let you down!

Suddenly you were shoved off of the Roof by Vegeta and fell to the ground, you got up and began to whine again.

Y/N: Vegeta!! Why'd you do that?!

Vegeta: What did I say about the Whining?! We're going to keep training!

Y/N: Whyyyy?!

Vegeta: You rely too much on your transformation! Your base power is still weak!

Flashback End

You looked at your arm and your Boosted Gear, you then reached out to Whis using that arm.

Y/N: ...Remove it...

Whis: Oh?

Rias: What?!

Y/N: I said Remove It!

Midoriya: But L/N! That Boosted Gear of yours would make you so much stronger!

Y/N: I was once told that In rely too much on transformations...and today was the first time in forever that I've improved it...

Everyone looked at you with wide eyes as Issei took a sigh of relief that you heard clearly.

Y/N: Don't get cocky Issei...

Issei flinched in surprise.

Y/N: I'll Become stronger than this Boosted Gear will ever make me!

Y/N: And I Vow to keep my Saiyan pride!! Now Remove the Damn Piece, Whis! I know you can!

Whis: Well Well...looks like you are a saiyan after all!

With that Whis Pointed his staff towards you as it began to glow, soon your chest began to glow the same colour and a golden crystal slowly began to emerge from you. Eventually it all came out.

Rias: That was a foolish choice Y/N...

Suddenly a grin full of Pride creeped onto your face.

Y/N: I don't care...I made a promise and a intend to keep it!

Rias: Then can I at least give it to-

Whis: This kind of Gear won't be given to anyone...

With that, Whis raised his Staff and destroyed the Gear

Super Shenron: Are you sure that was the right choice?

Y/N: Yes, Vegeta Saved me when I was a baby, I wouldn't let him down for the world...

Suddenly the professor cleared his throat getting everyone's attention, you looked towards him like everyone else.

Professor: Now, It's time to get this tournament underway! But first...

Suddenly The Professor raised his hand and a circle of light began to appear on the floor, soon enough a group of teenagers rose from the circle.

???: What is this?

??? 2: I'm not sure, but there's some familiar faces here...