Ch. 8.5 - Departure

13 Years Ago

Kid Y/N POV:

"Y/N! Mina is here to visit you!" I hear my mom scream for me from the living room. "I'm coming mom!" I come out of my room and go straight to the living room to see my best friend. Were going to the park for a bit and I brought some money in case if she wants some ice cream too.

"Hi Mina! I missed you!" I hug her tight because I feel like this might be the last time I'll see her, then again, I always feel like that. "Hey Y/N! I missed you too but we saw each other yesterday. It hasn't been long." I let her go from the hug. "I know, but I always miss you."

"Alright you two, come back around 3PM, no later, and I'll have lunch ready by then as well." My mom smiles at us as we open the door. "Also, stay safe! I don't want anything bad happening to the two of you." We nod and then leave off to the park, which isn't far, it's about a 5 minute walk.

"Hey Mina, I thought Kairi was gonna come with us." Mina then grabs my hand and looks at me for a bit, you can see sadness in her eyes but I don't know why. "I actually already talked to her earlier today, I told her the news."

"Um Mina, what news?" She then looks down at the floor and back towards me. "I'll tell you later, for now let's go to the park and have fun." She smiles at me and pulls me all the way to the park. I swear I love her so much, she's everything to me.

It's now 2:46 and we're about to leave the park. But first we want to finish our ice cream and take a picture in a photo booth nearby. After we did all that, we start heading home and along the way, she suddenly stops walking.

"Mina what's wrong? Did you hurt your ankle?" She then looks at me with tears in her eyes and hands me a picture from the photo booth. "I'm sorry Y/N, I was going to tell you earlier but I wanted to be with you for a while. But I'm leaving tomorrow."

"What do you mean you're leaving? Like ... out of town?" Mina then grabs my hand and with her other hand she puts something in my pocket. "I mean ... I'm leaving the country. Somewhere in the east. I'm sorry, it's not my choice."

I start crying and I hug her tight, I don't want to let her go. I don't want her to leave. But like she said, it's not her choice. "I understand Mina, I'll still wait for you here." She hugs me tight and I can feel my shoulder getting wet from her tears. But I don't mind, I'm crying too. She's never seen me cry, until now.

Kid Mina POV:

I dropped of Y/N at his house and told his mom that I won't be able to join them for lunch because I have to go pack. This hurt me so much, I don't ever want to leave him and Kairi alone. But I can't choose sometimes, and now I have to leave.

As I'm packing my stuff, something starts falling from my desk and I grab it. I see that it's my third of the lucky charm I gave to Kairi and Y/N. If this thing works, then for sure we will meet again later on in the future. I just hope it's not far into the future.

The Next Day

We have just boarded the plane, I'm not even sure where we're going, but all I know is that it's somewhere in the east. "Are you okay Mina?" I turn to my mom and lay my head on her shoulder. "I think I will be, I'm just going to miss Y/N and Kairi a lot." My mom then puts her hand on my head. "It's going to be alright, you'll see them someday. I promise." I close my eyes because I want to sleep, and just hope that this is a dream. "Thank you mom."

Y/N, Kairi, and Mina in their thoughts:

"Soon we'll meet again, but for now, I'll miss you. I'll survive this pain of your absence, and see you again."

————————————————————

Authors Note: Hey guys! This is the "mini" update. Pretty much the moments before Mina's departure from San Antonio. I hope all of you enjoyed this short chapter. I'll update once again tomorrow and then go on my normal planned schedule. Hopefully tho lol. My college classes started on Monday and oh geez, it's already kinda stressful lol. But I promise to update whenever I can :). I love you all! Stay safe and and take care!
❤️