Ch. 36 - Impale

Y/N's POV

A light knock is heard at the door. It's different from the other knocks. The guards usually just barge in calling us names, sometimes holding weapons, if nice enough, a wheelchair for me, but usually they make me walk when I really can't. We don't even look at the door when it opens, just shows how we're used to a guard walking in just to beat us. But this time -

"GUYS!"

"J-Jennie? Momo?"
"W-what?"
"Why are you two here?"

Jihyo and Matt hug Jennie and Momo, it's been 6 months since they've seen each other, and then they look at me. A fool that has been battered and broken for a year. Constantly brought to near death, just a shell of a man that he used to be. But even then, they both hug me tightly. I thought they would've forgotten about me by now. I feel Momo move away and Jennie's lips on mine. I've missed this feeling so much, thank you Lord for at least letting me see her again. Naturally, I kiss back as if it's my last with her.

"Guys, I'm happy the two of you reunited, but get a room." We stop kissing and look at Matt as he gets hit on the head by both Momo and Jihyo.

"Heh, seems like some things never change." I smile for the first time in a year, I miss this, even if it's under these circumstances.

"Ok guys we need to get to the point. We're actually here to rescue you." Momo says as she puts her hands on her hips and smirks widely. "But how? We've tried and we've always gotten beat for it." I say as I try to stand up, my knees still aren't healed, but I can somewhat stand.

"Well, remember that camera that Lisa used to capture the demons?" We nod our heads while she takes it out and places a picture from it on the floor. Suddenly Mina pops out of the picture with her hair all ruffled up and clothes somewhat torn.

"Mina what happened to you!?" We say when we see her current state and puts a pen away into her pocket. "I had to fight off those demons Lisa captured in the past, good thing I had my bronze sword with me. But first, let's get you all patched up so we can escape." Mina then starts applying some green gooey looking medicine on Jihyo and Matt.

"Yeah but what about the guards?"

"Felix took care of them." We look at Jennie with some confusion and I, with probably some jealousy. "Who's Felix?" I say with obviously the large hint of jealousy in my voice. "Oh he was a guard here but we broke him out of the spell Soohyun has everyone in, and now he's helping us." We nod and I feel Mina applying some medicine on my knees. "This should heal you of any injury, so you'll be fine."

"Isn't this the Archangel Raphael's medicine? You didn't steal this from him right?" Mina rolls her eyes and puts a hand on her hip and slouches a bit. "Who do you think is my father??"

"H-HES Your father!?" We say in a lot of shock. Honestly, this explains why she's good at healing, but I never expected this at all! "Well duh! Why do you guys think that I would look at medical herbs and say "I wonder what dad could do with this?"

Matt then raises his hand to say "Personally, I thought he was a run of the mill doctor who's name is Raphael. If I knew he was an Archangel I would've shown respect by NOT calling him Ralph or Wreck It Ralph!"

Mina points at Matt and shakes her head a bit. "Actually yeah I can see where others would think that. Anyways, let's get out of here before Soohyun realizes his guards are gone." I manage to stand up without any pain and we walk out of the room and run into one of the guards. I go in to punch him in the face but he backs off saying that he's on our side. "My name is Felix, and I know this isn't the time but I'm sorry for how I treated you guys under the spell, I never wanted to do that to you guys, especially you noona."

"Im just glad to have you back Felix. Now let's go." We start to run out but the entrance doors immediately shut. We try to open them but with no luck, they didn't even budge a bit.

"Idiots, idiots, idiots, IDIOTS!" We turn around to the direction of the voice and see a man in a hood, some bandages showing on his face. "Felix, I expected better from you." Suddenly, a large and sharp piece of metal flies towards Felix but I jump in and create an energy shield with my magic.

"Guys don't worry, I just called for backup." Momo whispers to us and then the windows of the building break and we see multiple people come in.

"Fools!" Soohyun shouts out, whips his arm to his left and creates a 10 feet long scythe and slashes everyone on his left, instantly killing them. "Don't underestimate me!" Soohyun then turns to the men on his right when a rope falls in front of us. We look up and see Rosé at the top signaling us to climb. One by one, we start to get out while Soohyun is distracted. I'm the last one going up while Momo is the one in front of me. Right before she manages to get out, she gets pulled off the rope and into the building. As soon as I look back, I saw her, with little time to live, on her last breath, as the scythe quickly turned into a sword and impaled her in the chest.

"MOMO!!" I jump off the rope, summoning my bronze sword from the 2nd dimension and charging towards Soohyun. He drops her as if she was just a bag of groceries, and then knocks me away with a gust of wind. "You wanna die next? Or should I torture you more, by slaughtering your friends?" I stand up and grip my sword, and with all the anger inside of me, I scream at him, "The next one dying is you!!! I'm going to avenge Momo!!" I run towards him as he throws blasts of energy to me, but I manage to dodge them all and swing at his face.

But when I look, he's not there anymore. I look around and I don't see him anywhere. So I kneel down where Momo is at and I hold her. "Momo, I'm sorry. I promise I'll avenge you."

The tears start to stream down my cheeks when I feel a finger lightly touch my face. I open my eyes and see Momo looking at me weakly. I hold her hand, pleading her to hang on, that I'll get her to Mina so she can heal her. But Momo smiles and nods her head.

"Thank you Y/N ... thank you ... for being l-like a brother t-t-to me ... t-take c-care of the o-others for m-m-me ..." as the tears fall down faster on my cheeks, I grip Momo's hands and feel her losing her grip. "No Momo please stay don't give up. You'll be ok I promise!" But it's too late. Momo has breathed her final breathe, thought her final thought, and has said her final words. "I'll avenge you" I say as I close my eyes and lay her down. I whip my head up when I hear a male voice laughing hysterically. I stand up and grip my sword again when I see Soohyun standing in the shadow. "Soohyun! I'll make sure you'll pay for that!!!"

———————————————————————
Not gonna lie, it made me CRY writing Momo's death. I love her so much and I do not wish this upon her, or any other members of any group.