Ch. 9 - The Truth

Y/N's POV:

We dropped off Blackpink at their dorm and while on the way over there, I noticed Jennie was a bit mad. I asked her if she was alright but she just ignored me and turned away. I guess Mina got her jealous haha.

Then we arrived back at our dorm. Brit and Matt went straight to their rooms, I guess they were really tired, but Jackie, Kairi and I stayed behind in the living room to watch some tv. "Hey guys is there anything good to watch right now?" Jackie said as she gives us waters from the fridge. "Hmm... let's watch "Accidentally In Love", Lisa recommended it and by the way she described it, it seems like a good show."

Kairi turns on the Roku and goes towards Netflix. "Any chance it's on Netflix?" Jackie sits down and hums in response. Kairi then finds it and we start watching it, so far it's really good honestly.

I check the time and see that it's already late. "Whoa guys, how many episodes have we watched?" Kairi then checks the episode list and almost drops the remote. "Oh dang we've seen 13 episodes already!? We need to sleep!"

Then as we're no longer paying attention to the tv, we hear a light snoring next to us. "Well seems like Jackie already beat you to it. Sleepyhead is sleeping like a baby." We both laugh a bit and then turn off the tv.

"I'll take Jackie to her room. I'll see ya in a bit." With that said, I pick up Jackie bridal style and take her to her room. For someone that eats a lot, she's light as a feather. It's super surprising honestly, she eats almost every second of the day.

I get to her room and open the door so I can get in and tuck her to sleep. After I do, I turn on her nightlight and go back to the living room with Kairi. "Hey Y/N, I need to tell you something." I turn towards her as I sit back down on the couch. "Sure what's on your mind?"

"Have you noticed that Jennie acts kinda differently around you? Like she smiles a lot, laughs, and blushes when you're around?" I then start to think back, and I can't recall anything of that sort. "Not really actually, why do you ask?" Kairi then slaps me all of the sudden and pouts. "Hey why did you slap me?"

"Gee you really never pay attention to the signs don't you?" I'm confused, what is she talking about? Does Jennie like me or something? "Um... What signs?" Kairi then slaps me again. "This is why you've never had a girlfriend! They give you the signs that they want to be with you! But you never notice and always friendzone them!"

"W-Wait is this what it's about? I haven't friendzoned Jennie, or anyone else!" Then it hits me. I did friendzone Jennie. "Oh my gosh... I'm such an idiot!" Kairi then hits my arm. "Of course you are! The two of you like each other, but you don't realize that she likes you!"

I scratch my nape and then chuckle a bit. "Sorry... I was kinda paying attention to Mina, ya know we haven't seen her in years." Kairi then stands up and looks down at me. "I know we haven't seen her in years, but just pay attention to Jennie too ok? You can tell she likes you a lot."

"But what about Mina?" Kairi sighs and then facepalms. "I'm not saying to ditch Mina. I know you'd never do that, I wouldn't either, I'm just saying that even when you're around Mina, pay some attention to Jennie. Or do you want her to kill this love she has for you?"

"I get it, and I promise I'll pay attention to her, but did you have to add Kill This Love Into it?" Kairi giggles a bit and covers her mouth. "It was a perfect opportunity, you can't judge me." I laugh a bit and get up from the couch. "Well you're not wrong. But let's go sleep. It's late and we have to meet with Blackpink and Mina for the collab."