15

Oliver stayed for dinner and afterwards we watched a movie practically falling asleep on the couch. A little after midnight he nudged me with a sleepy smile saying he should get going. His flight was leaving early in the morning. I had offered to take him to the airport, and he had happily agreed.

We walked hand in hand as far as I could towards his gate the next morning at the airport.

"You'll be out when?" He asked me.

"3 weeks." I pouted.

He smiled reaching up he ran his thumb across my lower lip. "And then a month after that I'll be back here."

"Ok." I smiled back at him.

"And I was serious when I asked you to help me find a place in Los Angeles. I don't really want to return to a hotel for another month or however long it'll take me to find a place."

"I definitely will look. I can't believe you're going to be staying here."

"This is where the work is." He winked at me.

A voice over the loudspeaker announced that this was the final call for his flight.

"Ok I gotta go before they leave without me." He laughed.

"Have a safe flight."

Taking me in his arms he leaned down and softly kissed me. He gave my hip a squeeze and pecked my lips one more time.

"Bye." I breathed.

"Bye." He kissed my forehead.

Casey was at work so I went over to Riley's straight from the airport.

I told Riley everything that had happened.

"Are you and Oliver dating now?" She asked confused.

"I don't know. I mean no. I don't think so. Girl I don't even know."

"And Chris?" She eyed me.

"Who?" I asked dryly.

"Right." She rolled her eyes. "But now Oliver's in Vancouver. And Chris is here."

"So. Ri stop trying to bring me down."

Riley laughed. "I'm not. I just think that you're running away from what you really want."

"Which is what? Chris?" I laughed sarcastically.

"Conveniently Oliver's leaving but since you're sorta kinda seeing him he's a perfect excuse to not see Chris. Oliver's not here for you to really date but he's also cock blocking Chris."

"That's not what's happening here." I waved my finger at her. "Plus, me and Casey are going to Vancouver in a few weeks so I'll see Oliver. And he's coming back here. He asked me to find him an apartment."

Riley didn't look convinced. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Going to shoot pool with Casey and Joe. Wanna tag along?"

"Sure, Not like I have anything else going on." She plopped down on the couch.

"Maybe we can find you a man tonight."

"If we all could be as lucky as Harper Davis with 3 guys in line."

"Stop." I slapped her playfully. "It's not like that."

"No? What's it like? Seriously Harp I haven't been on a date in months."

"Maybe you should do online dating?" I suggested.