28

A/N: Super Short Chapter. But I wanted to get this in. Thanks for reading, commenting and voting!

                                     CHRIS

"Flying out to Atlanta tomorrow." I sighed into the phone.

"And you haven't talked to Harper?" Scott questioned.

"No. I don't know what to say to her."

"Maybe sorry I'm a jackass." Scott laughed.

"Bye Scott." I clicked the phone off and shoved it into my pocket. I crossed the street to Casey and Joe's house where Joe was in the driveway working on his car.

"Hey man." I called.

"What's goin on brotha?" Joe looked up from underneath the hood to acknowledge me.

"Not much. You? Look like you're pretty busy." I looked at the car.

"Nah, I'm about to go in. Want a beer?"

I nodded and followed him in. Joe handed me a beer before grabbing one for himself and then stopping to wash his hands in his sink.

"I'm exhausted." Casey's voice echoed through the house. I turned my attention to the front entry way. Casey followed by Riley and Harper walked into the kitchen. They stopped short when they saw me. My eyes took in the sight of Harper and my breath hitched. Dressed in jeans and an oversized hoodie she looked so tiny and vulnerable. Her eyes quickly adverted mine and I watched as she moved passed Riley and Casey and made her way into the living room where she sat down on the couch pulling her phone out, she started swiping at the screen.

I knew I needed to talk to her. I looked to Casey who just shrugged, Riley didn't even bother to look at me.

I cleared my throat and walked over towards her. "Hey Harp, can I talk to you for a second?"

She looked up at me with a blank stare. I waited for a moment. I didn't think she was going to even respond to me but she finally stood up and walked to the back door and out onto the deck.

"You ok?" I asked once I closed the door behind us.

Her eyes grew wide but she stayed silent. Dumb question.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I started. I rubbed my thumb across the top of my beer bottle nervously.

"What?" She scowled, "Of course you did! You wanted Oliver and I to break up."

"So you guys broke up?"

Her eyes narrowed and she stood up. Another dumb question. I cursed myself.

"Yes we broke up. He left for London, won't even speak to me. So well done Chris."

"Harper, I'm sorry. I truly am. I didn't know Lia knew I kissed you. I would have never brought her with me to the pool hall."

"Why did you come at all?" She hugged her arms around her petite frame. A lock of blonde hair slipped into her eyes. I instinctively reached out to tuck it behind her ear. She leaned away back from me a frown still on her lips.

"Cause I can't stop myself from being around you." I confessed softly as my hand dropped back to my side.

Her face softened at my admission. "I knew that Lia knew that you kissed me. She overheard me telling Casey."

"What? Why wouldn't you say something?"

She shrugged and looked away. "I should have told Oliver you kissed me when it happened. It's not just your fault."

"Why didn't you tell him?" I wanted to know.

She didn't say anything.

"Harp." I pressed.

"Because the kiss meant something to me!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air. "I didn't tell him because I feel something for you."

That was all I needed to hear. I took a step towards her reaching up I threaded my hand into her hair and pulled her towards me, my mouth crashing against hers.

She responded immediately and the kiss intensified at once.

"I can't." She pulled back. Taking her hand she shoved my chest gently, "I'm not doing this right now. I just broke up with Oliver. I need a couple days. Or something." She muttered pushing past me, she pulled the back door open and disappeared into the house.