Chapter 6: I Have A Crush On You

Paris' POV

One month later

Friday, March 28th

"Miss Brooks." My AP chemistry said to me as I scrolled through my phone, causing me to look up. "Are all of your assignments finished?"

I nodded. I was always ahead of my classes, finishing all of my work, you know, just advanced. I'm actually graduating this June. Yes, I'm in the eleventh grade, but I'll have all my credits once I finish these last few classes.

I'm very smart, but I'm just so short tempered. But, over the last couple of weeks, I've been visiting my "counselor", Mrs. Rome, and she's been helping me out so much.

I ran for valedictorian, which I doubt Is gonna happen, but my dad encouraged me to do it.

————————————————-

3:15 p.m.

The dismissal bell rang. Today my brother, Aaron, was picking me up. I asked him to.

He pulled up in his gray impala.

I let out an irritated sigh. His "girlfriend", Kia, was sitting in the front seat.

"Wassup bubble," Kia dryly said as I closed the backseat car door

I paused for a second.

Before I could say anything, Aaron corrected her. "It's Bubba. But just call her Paris, babe."

He knew I didn't like her skank ass. And she probably didn't like me either. My daddy didn't like her, Kam didn't like her, the family OBVIOUSLY barely likes her, she's only around 'cause of the baby she's carrying.

"Ain't that what I said?" She said chuckling.

"No, you said 'Bubble'. My FAMILY nickname is 'Bubba'" I said getting smart. We always threw little jabs at each other.

"Anyways." Aaron said. "How was school?"

"It's was straight. I'm just ready to graduate." I said looking at my phone.

"Yeah I was too." Kia said. "But you got a whoooleee year to go. Hopefully you can do it though."

I laughed, being petty. "Oh no, I'm graduating early. This June, actually."

She said nothing.

The car ride was silent for a little while.

"Oh yeah, bub. I forgot to tell you. We having the gender reveal on the 14th." Aaron said approaching a red light.

My face lit up at the thought of a little niece or nephew. Hopefully a niece though. I needed a girl in my life.

"I can't wait man!" I said.