Chapter 28: Better Than My Last

Same day...
4:30 PM
Paris Brooks-

Me and Adrian finished our lunch and headed over to my brother's house.

He's so versatile and he gets along with everybody, but he's such a no nonsense type of person..you feel me?

Him and Kam both talked about how Nipsey Hussle was their favorite rapper, he talked about the NBA with my dad and my brother, just everything. There's definitely never an awkward moment with him. He knows how to keep a conversation.

When we got to Kam and Raelyn's house I decided to invite Alexys and his mom (cause she's the cool mom) and Ky and her mom and dad.

I rode with Adrian in his Tesla, along with Kam, my dad, and Alexys. Kyla rode with Raelyn and her niece who was in town for winter break, Erica, and London.

"Bro I need this car!" Alexys said in the back of Adrian's car.

"You bought this all by yo'self?" My dad asked in the front seat admiring the car and all its features.

"Daddy!" I said from the middle row.

Adrian laughed. "Yes sir."

"Paid off?" Kameron chimed in from beside me.

I nudged him.

Adrian laughed again. "Yep"

"My man" My dad laughed as he dapped him up at a red light. "What you doing for a living man?"

"Well right now I own a sports bar, but I'm in dental school right now, tryna become a dental hygienist." He said.

I admired him in so many ways..

"Bro how much you paying a hour? I need a different job man" Kam said leaning towards the front seat.

"Bro if you want I need another manager at the bar bro..that'd be cool. It's simple. I pay every two weeks." Adrian said like it was nothing.

"Nigga stop playing" Kam laughed in excitement.

"Car full of business owners" Alexys said from the third row.

"I'm for real man. You down?" Adrian turned around to look at Kam.

"Hell yeah nigga!" Kam dapped Adrian up.

"You a good guy man" My dad said from the passengers seat.

- - - - - - - - -
5:56 PM

- - - - - - - - - 5:56 PM

~At Pacific Park

"Thats exactly why I don't get on them kind of rides" Alexys's mom, Tara said.

"Right. That shit had me upside down finna throw the hell up." My dad laughed.

"Y'all are lame! It wasn't even bad" Kyla said.