Chapter 33: Kickin it With You

Wednesday, December 30th
5:00 AM
Paris Brooks-

"Terminal 3 Paris" Kam said as I rode around the airport for the third time.

"I knowwwww Kam!" I yawned. "It's too early for you to be in my ear with the bullshit."

"Well you keep missing your turn." My dad said with Tonya asleep on his shoulder.

"It's right here. I see it. Please don't keep talking."

"You just mad cause you ain't going" Kam laughed.

"I'm not. Cause I need a break from y'all. Especially YOU" I said.

I'm not a morning person at all. They lucky I love them cause I would not have been up at 4 something in the morning to make sure they get their asses to the airport on time.

We got to their stop and I got out to help them get their bags out of my trunk.

"Raelyn what the hell did you pack? It's so heavy" I said as I grabbed her bag out of the trunk.

"Right we gone be there for a week girl." Kam said grabbing the bag from me.

"Oh shut up." She said.

"Bye y'all." I said hugging everyone.

"Love y'all." I said to them.

"Love you too!"

"Be safe" Tonya said.

"I will." I said getting in my car.

——————————
11:30 AM
At The Brooks Salon...

The salon was running smooth. Customers were satisfied, we had a consistent flow of customers, we had music playing, and I enjoyed what I was doing.

Right now, I was braiding Alexys's hair and giving him a line up and a fade. Kyla was at the nail bar getting her nails done.

"Would you like any refreshments? Chips, granola bars, crackers, wine, beer, water, juice?" One of the workers, Alyssa asked Alexys as he sat in the chair.

"Ooou what kinda chips y'all got? Y'all got hot fries?"

"You are so ghetto." I said

"Yes sir we do." She laughed.

"Okay I want that and a Caprisun. How much?" He said.

"It's free sir. You get unlimited refreshments with your purchase for your nails or hair."

"Oohhhhh shit well in that case, let me get two—no three bags of hot fries and two caprisuns. Thank you boo" He said.

"Alexys you are the most ghetto ass bitch I know." I laughed at him. "And sit still girl you messing up my parting." I said thumping him in his head.

"Ow bitch!"
———————
An hour and a half later...

"Girl this is cuteeeee!" Alexys said looking into the mirror.