Chapter 30: This Christmas

Friday, December 25th
2:00 PM
Paris Brooks-

Friday, December 25th2:00 PMParis Brooks-

~Brooks' Spa

I just left the Salon and I our grand opening is Monday. We have our workers, schedules, etc.! I'm too geeked!!!

This was the best Christmas gift by far.

As I was on my way home, this random number kept blowing me up. It was a LA area code, but I didn't have the number saved so I just ignored it.

But, they called again, so I answered.

"Hello?" I said annoyed as I cut my radio down.

"Paris?" A familiar voice said through the phone.

"Who is this?" I said putting my phone on the car speaker.

"Jamar."

When I tell you I almost swerved this mother fucking car...

"Who the fuck phone you calling me from? I know it ain't yo bitch phone—never mind that, WHY are you calling me?" I said finding myself getting irritated with his voice.

"This my brother phone..." He said confusing me.

"Who the fuck is your brother? You never had a brother when we wa— you know what, I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath. May I help you?"

"It's Cari's brother...I just consider him my bro n-" He said before I cut his sickening ass off.

"Listen I don't give a fuck about your girl friend or her dusty ass brother! The fuck are you calling me for?"

"Can we meet up? I wanna talk to you..." He said.

I looked at the phone like this nigga could see me. I just wanna know what he could possibly have to say to me.

"No. What you got to say to me that you can't say over the phone?" I irritatedly said.

"Paris please..." He said.

"Jamar it's Christmas. I'm not tryna be bothered wit you right now."

"Jus-"

"Bye." I hung up.

The hell?

I have better things to focus on and be worrying about than my dusty ass ex. Me and Raelyn just signed the closing disclosure papers for our shop, and we're finna be making money (even though she already making top dollar) I definitely don't have time for his shit.
- - - - - - - - -
3:25 PM
Abe's house...

"Oh! I almost forgot I got one more present for you and Kam." Tonya cheerfully said as she ran to what's now my dad's and her room.

"This lady got everybody a damn gift" My dad laughed.