Chapter 35: Life is Good

Monday, January 14th
10:30 AM
Paris Brooks-

Life is going sooo good for me right now. I've been working, getting paid, and getting laid—girl I couldn't be happier! Alexys was always with me at the shop, and occasionally brought his boyfriend along with him. Kyla was here a lot too, but not as much as Alexys. She mainly just came when she was coming to get her nails and hair done. But my bestie was always there just kicking it with me.

Raelyn, of course, was on maternity leave so she didn't work in the shop yet, not that she was gonna do that anyways. Today she came to get her hair and nails done, and she let me do her hair.

"I can't wait til I get you the hell out!" Raelyn complained, referring to the baby inside of her, as I finished up her hair.

"Rae you say that everyday" Alexys said as he scrolled through his phone in the chair next to me.

"Shut up 'fore I kick you in your neck." Raelyn said eating her trail mix.

"Baby that's if you can reach them legs up here." Alexys said as he moved before Raelyn attempted to hit him.

"If they can reach Kameron's shoulders, they can reach yo long ass neck." She shot back.

"Raeeeee! Ew!" I said.

"See that's why ya ass pregnant now witcha lil nasty ass. Ol' freak a leek." Alexys said scrunching his face up.

Raelyn smiled.

"Alright girl close your eyes." I said before spraying oil sheen onto her hair.

"Okay now here." I said before handing her a mirror so she could look.

"She's caaaauuutteeee!" Raelyn said referring to her hair. "It's so pretty, Bub!"

"It would've looked better on somebody else though no tea no shade." Alexys said causing Raelyn to hit him in his head.

"Let me get my pictures." I said to Raelyn.

~Raelyn Johnson

~Raelyn Johnson

"Pretty girllllll!" I said as I got excited.

"Thank youuu boo! I'm finna cash app you right now."

"Bitch can we leave now? Like come on I'm hungry." Alexys complained.

"Okay nigga wait I gotta tell Mina I'm leaving." I said referring to one of the workers at the shop.

Usually if it were busy I wouldn't have left, but we were okay today at the shop.

——————————
In the car

"Bitch you be walking with a little bit too much stride girl. I know you and Adrian fucked. And you ain't tell me." Alexys said as he sipped from my Seven Eleven slushee.