Chapter 27: Friends?

Thursday, November 26th
2:18 AM
Paris Brooks-

"I had fun tonight, Paris" Adrian said with his arm around my shoulder trying to keep my drunk ass balanced.

I looked up at him and smiled. "I did too Adrian."

"I'm sorry ol' boy tried to ruin yo birthday. That's ya ex?" He said as we waited outside of the club for Raelyn and Kameron to come pick me, Alexys, and Kyla up. Everyone else had people coming to get them.

"He is now. I don't need nobody like him in my life."

"Ohh so you was flirting with me while you still had a boyfriend?" He laughed.

I nudged him. "We was already going through shit..but he crossed the line to go an kiss up on another girl." I paused. "He ain't even tell me happy birthday. Fuck him."

He shook his head. "Ain't shit." He said making me laugh.

"Give me your phone." I said holding my hand out.

He unlocked it and gave it right to me. I added my number in his phone and texted myself.

"Text me. My ride is here." I said moving out of his hold.

He smiled.

"Thank you for tonight Adrian. I would've probably fought a bitch if you wasn't there" I laughed then walked to the car.

"Be safe" he yelled as I opened the car door.

I closed the door and waited for Kyla and Alexys.

"Who the hell was that?" Raelyn and Kam said together.

I laughed. "Me and Jamar not together no more. It's time for me to move on." I said watching Adrian walk to his white Tesla.

"Look at these fucked up ass kids. Aye!" Kam said opening his door to get out and help Kyla and Alexys get in the car.

"I hate to say it boo but I'm glad you moved on from that scrawny, nappy headed ass lil boy. I like this one better." Raelyn turned around and said to me from the passengers seat.

"Yeah I do too." I laughed.

"It's time for me to fucking go bitch I'm fucked yo right now." Alexys slurred.

"Kam we gotta sleep over at your house we can't go home like this." Kyla said.

"Duh nigga ima be the one to get in trouble stupid." Kam said as he drove off.

What a night...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2 weeks later
Friday, December 11th
11: 30 AM
Kam's house

"Daddy I'm not mad. You eventually would have to move on. It's been 12 years." I said to my dad.

"Right. You thought we was gone be mad? Nah man this is good for you. Maybe you can let loose a little." Kam chimed in.

Apparently, my dad has been dating a lady who he met at his job for a while, and he's just now telling us. I guess he expected us to be mad—or that he was betraying my mama..but it's not betrayal. He has to move on, and that's exactly what my mama would want.

"Shut up nigga" my dad laughed as he hit a blunt. "I just don't want y'all feeling uncomfortable around her, or thinking she's a replacement"