Chapter 29: Friends With Benefits?

Thursday, December 24th
6:30 PM
Paris Brooks-

"All I want for Christmasssss is youuuuuuuuu!" We all sang along to the music playing on Kam's TV in his living room.

Every year, we had a Christmas Eve party, and a New Year's Eve party...

Today Alexys, Kyla, her parents, Kam, Raelyn, London, my dad, his girlfriend Tonya, Adrian, Raelyn's brothers, nieces, family friends, etc., were all here.

At these annual Christmas Eve parties, we'd have to either wear Christmas pajamas or ugly Christmas sweaters...except for London, she gets a pass.

~London Erin Brooks (3 months & 21 days old)

"Hiiiii TT babyyyy" I picked London up and kissed her on her cheek.

She laughed and grabbed at my face. "Hi Lolo! Gimme tiss" I said giving her a kiss again.

"That's Paw paw baby right there." My dad said in baby talk.

London smiled and babbled at us.

I put her down back in her crib and went to the kitchen to make her a bottle.

"You finna have another one on the way to be doing all of this for" Raelyn joked.

"I'm ready. I love babies" I said.

"I feel like I'm finna pop" Raelyn said getting a cookie off of the stove.

"You look like it too" Kam said walking in the kitchen with his Christmas sweater on.

"Shut yo ass up" She flicked him off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone laughed, talked, ate, listened to the Christmas music, and drank while the boys played 2K, Fortnite, and girl whatever the hell else.

I went into Kam's guest room and sat on the bed. I needed space. I didn't feel right. I needed my brother here with me. Not Kam, but Aaron. Every time I looked at London, I saw her dad and I feel so bad every time cause she won't ever to know him.

I turned my phone on and looked at my lock screen if me and Aaron.

"Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry." I stood up as I whispered to myself.

I tried fanning myself, but that did nothing...I couldn't help it.

I laid back down on the bed wishing my brother was still here.

Someone knocked on the door and I quickly tried to wipe my face and fix myself up.

"Hey y-" Tonya said. "Oh, I'm sorry...you okay?"

you okay?"