✨🌸 Chapter 18 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"Where did you guys go?"

Jeno and Jaemin just stared at the blonde boy who had confronted them the moment they walked into the door. It didn't take long for Mark to figure it out, and when he did his face softened. "It's good you know now."

Jaemin nodded and smiled as he glanced to Jeno who seemed off in his own world with a faint smile on his face. "It took time to pry, but yes, I know now."

Mark nods and gestures his head to Jisung who was sitting on the couch, playing on his phone peacefully.

"He said he's ready to go home. Something about choir tomorrow."

Jaemin sighed and walked over to Jisung, pressing the off button on the younger's phone as he gasped in protest.

"I was just about to beat the next level!"

Jisung pouted as he held his phone in his hands like it had just died and he was mourning its death.

"C'mon Jisungie, let's go home," Jaemin said as he ruffled his younger brother's hair to which his hand was slapped back. But the boy stood nonetheless and followed Jaemin back to the front door.

Jeno watched the two of them come up to him and Mark, only now getting back with the world from his daze. "Wait, are you guys leaving?"

Jaemin smiled and nodded, his eyes locking with Jeno's for just a few more seconds than normal, before he bowed slightly.

"Well thank you for having us over, even if my brother wasn't really invited,,"

Jeno shook his head and smiled. "It's cool. And I hope you find a way to control your cat transformations."

Jisung reached up and touched his ears with a sigh. "Me too man."

The four of them said goodbyes as Jaemin and Jisung made their way out of the house, and back to their own home. The youngest got some weird looks from the few people on the street, but they probably just assumed he was wearing fake ears if anything.

Once they reached their house, they both went to their rooms since it was late and Jaehyun seemed to be with friends. Jaemin just had to leave the fish food on the older's counter and also sprinkled some in for his deathly looking fish.

He then greeted his best friend, his bed, a hello before jumping on it with not so much grace. He just laid there for a few minutes, soaking in the feeling of resting, before he rolled over and sat himself up again.

Jaemin's mind wandered back over to tonight and how he spent the evening with Jeno. It was even fun just to hang out as a full friend group with the three others. It was something Jaehyun always had and he always lacked.