✨🌸 Chapter 40 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"Ah, so you overworked yourself because you forgot about the party?" Jeno asked, walking side by side with the tired boy he found on the floor of his shop.

Jaemin just nodded, still reviewing the dream in his mind and wondering what on earth it meant. "Yeah, I have to finish them tonight since the party is on Saturday..," he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I can help you. I mean, not with growing flowers but I can help with setting up the bouquets," Jeno suggested and looked towards Jaemin, the younger doing the same as he gave a sweet smile.

"You're seriously the best-"

"There you are!" a voice cut them off, noticing a green haired boy dragging a Jisung by the hand towards them. "We ditched school because we thought you died, Jaemin!" Chenle screeched.

"Wow, you guys really did assume the worst," Jaemin chuckled and scratched the back of his neck, feeling guilty for all the people he probably worried.

"I already texted Taeyong to text Jaehyun that you're okay," Jeno cut in, reaching out and interlocking his hand with Jaemin. The four of them continued to walk, not really knowing where they were going.

"Well... it's too late to go back to school since we practically escaped it, so what should we do?" Chenle asked, feeling boredom scrape at his ankles.

"The winter fair opened today," Jisung suggested. "But it's a bit cold to ride rides-"

"YEAH! Let's do that then!" Chenle yelled and jumped up and down, making Jisung sweat drop and regret ever saying anything. He totally forgot about the time Chenle came out as a roller coaster junkie, and the things frankly scared the crap out of Jisung.

"We should invite Mark and Hyuck as well, then we can have the whole power squad together," Jeno said excitedly, quite enjoying the fact that they were skipping all their classes.

Jaemin snapped himself out of his own mind, adding into the conversation. "Should we invite Renjun too?"

Jeno looked at the younger and bit the inside of his cheek, wondering why he of all people would be insistent on inviting that weird boy.

Chenle shrugged and Jisung just looked at a passing car, not really caring either way. Jaemin smiled and pulled out his phone, noticing the many texts he had gotten from everyone and once again feeling bad.

He texted Mark, Donghyuck, and Renjun and invited them to meet at the fair, which was replied to almost instantly. The three said they would make excuses to get out of school, and it made him feel giddy when Renjun said yes so easily. Maybe they could talk again and he could learn more about the dream he had last night.

They all walked and chatted on their way to the fair, a cold breeze coming through every once in a while, but it was bearable enough. Not after long, the sight of a Ferris wheel came into view along with a ticket stand that stood at the entrance.