✨🌸 Chapter 27 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

The door to the convenience store rang quietly as someone entered, lifting his eyes to the boy that was sitting behind the desk, head down and eyes glued to his phone.

"Hey," Mark said as he walked up to the desk, catching the attention of Donghyuck who now gazed up at him with surprised eyes.

"Wassup?"

Mark shrugged and tried to look cool as he said his next line. "I just came here to take you home since it's dark and all."

Donghyuck looked outside and saw the tiniest bit of sun still left as the sun slowly disappeared beneath the horizon. It was eight o'clock, his shift ended in about five minutes before Taeyong took over.

But instead of appreciating the action, Donghyuck just scoffed and ignored the burning on his cheeks. "I can handle myself. I'm not a little kid."

Mark acted offended before they were both cut off by Taeyong walking through the door who paused for a second upon seeing the blonde there.

"Mark? You're not with Jeno?"

The blonde shook his head and shrugged. "I tried texting him but he won't answer. I think he's mad because I told him that I broke the DS he let me borrow."

Taeyong shrugged and set his stuff down, Donghyuck getting ready to leave and handing the keys to the older. "I haven't seen him all day either."

"I'm going, see you later Taeyong and Mark," Donghyuck said with a quick smile before walking out.

Mark was about to wave before he remembered his sole reasoning as to why he was here in the first place. He can't just let the redhead out into the dark and scary night by himself.

"Wait!"

Mark heaved a breath as he caught up to Donghyuck, catching the boy's attention who just groaned at his presence.

"I told you, I can walk by myself."

Mark caught his breath and stood up straight, flexing his arm muscles in the process.

"No you can't, you need a bodyguard as strong as me," the blonde said with a smile which just caused the other to laugh at him.

"What muscles,," Donghyuck laughed behind his fist as Mark slumped, glaring at the younger with a pout as his arms suddenly felt really flimsy.

"Just accept my kin-"

"Wait," Donghyuck cut off Mark, putting an arm in front of the older, stopping them both right in their tracks.

Mark looked up and saw the younger looking at something, tearing his gaze away and following to where he was looking. There, they both saw what appeared to be a Jeno dragging a Jaemin to who knows where.