✨🌸 Chapter 42 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

The darkness of night swarms around the average sized room without a hint of light coming from any source. Curtains sealed any source of light pollution and moonlight as no lights were turned on in the home. This alone only made it all the more frightening when the boy inside, who had been tossing and turning for minutes now, suddenly awoke with a start, sweat pouring down his black hair.

His eyes flit around the room, not able to see anything as his chest heaved up and down. He swallowed harshly and tried to calm himself, running a hand through his hair that was now formed into dreadlocks from the dampness.

A hand reached over and groped around the bedside table he had, touching a bunch of miscellaneous items before he felt the metal pole of the lamp, creeping his hand upwards to let the light fill the room.

He squinted for a moment, being a lot different from the pitch black room that was facing him only moments ago.

Renjun felt his heart beating fast in his rib cage, still lingering a hand on his forehead to calm himself down. He scrunched himself backwards so that his back was flat with the headboard of the bed, bringing his knees close to his chest as he tilted his head back.

After a few minutes of staying in that position in complete silence, Renjun let out a sigh and cracked his eyes open. He studied the patterns on the ceiling, wondering how such intricacy could've been put into something such as a roof. But despite this concern, that was not the thing that bothered him at the moment.

He felt his mouth go dry like a vast desert without any water for miles and miles.

It was going to happen soon, he could feel it. And he needed to stop it.

~•~

"Who's there?!" Jaemin yelled frantically while throwing pillows at the door. "Can you see them, Jeno? Is it a ghost?!"

By now the two of them were losing it, mostly Jaemin to be exact, but Jeno wouldn't deny that he was very unnerved by this situation.

"I can't see them. But then again I think they can still manifest without it being their birthday," Jeno explained, feeling like he had already said this but shrugged it off. Right now they were dealing with something a lot more important.

Jaemin ran out of pillows and caught his breath, then looking to the other for any ideas. "When there's something strange..," he said and kept his stare on Jeno. "And it don't look good... Who we gonna call?"

"Mark Lee?" Jeno asked and they both burst into laughter, but stopped themselves while realizing that it could be a good idea. Jeno whipped out his phone as Jaemin continued to be on guard in case the 'ghost' came back through the door to spy on them again.