✨🌸 Chapter 49 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

Everyone stayed silent and watched as Jaemin's face paled. Mark stared at the younger with a slow realization creeping upon him as he read his mind. Jaemin has absolutely no clue what Jeno had meant about Renjun. That's when it hit him that maybe all of this was a misunderstanding.

Jaemin grinded his teeth into his bottom lip, reading that one paragraph dedicated to him over and over and trying to make sense of it. This couldn't be real, Jeno wouldn't just leave like that without any reasoning. And how could he think he wasn't enough for Jaemin? The dark haired boy meant the world to him.

"Jaemin... I," Mark began, reaching an arm out and wanting to explain a bit deeper, but the honey haired boy stood up in a flash and ran out of the house.

Jaehyun watched him run out, then looking back to the other two with a confused and concerned look. "What just happened?"

Taeyong shook his head. "He's probably upset. I mean, Jeno just left without barely any notice." the redhead looked away with saddened eyes.

The purple haired man furrowed his eyebrows. He stood up as well, knowing that he would probably have to comfort his roommate upon finding where he is. He could tell by the look in Jaemin's face that he didn't have any warning about this.

~•~

Jaemin stomped along the sidewalk, skies brimming with darkness and orange light that was dimmed by the clouds. Soft raindrops still fell from the sky, but they were going unnoticed by the flower boy that continued to violently walk around.

His nails dig into his palms as he felt a stinging sensation in his eyes. A feeling then tickled the bottom of his ankles, causing Jaemin to look down through brimmed eyes at red flowers growing. Carnations, beautiful flowers that represent something so twisted.

Jaemin didn't know why this kept happening, why flowers kept growing at random when he felt something. It was as if he didn't have complete control over his power, and that fact alone made him uneasy. But that wasn't the focus right now. Right now he needed to sort this out, even if he felt he was melting on the inside.

Jaemin grabbed his phone out of his pocket, wiping the raindrops occasionally as he pressed Jeno's number, holding the rectangle up to his ear as the freezing metal made him shiver. The default dialing tone repeated over and over, then proceeding to Jeno's voicemail that wasn't even set up.

Jaemin sniffled his nose and scrunched it to his face, continuing to call the older and not giving up without an answer. How could Jeno do this to him? Why was he assuming things like him not caring for the older enough? All Jaemin has done was try to keep him by his side these past couple days, but it kept getting ruined in some way.