✨🌸 Chapter 64 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

Jaemin closed the door behind him as he watched Jeno kick his shoes off, looking behind him and offering the boy a smile as he fell on the couch.

"What first? Anime? Scary movies? Telling cringy childhood stories?" Jeno asked and already somehow pulled out a remote. The younger let out an airy chuckle, but the smile dropped immediately as he stiffly walked over to the couch.

Once Jaemin sat completely down, Jeno lifted his legs and rested them on his, still waiting for an answer with innocent eyes. Jaemin swallowed a lump at the little gesture, scratching the side of his head while trying to brush it off.

"Uhh, maybe cringy childhood stories?" Jaemin shrugged and shifted uncomfortably.

Jeno, now losing his weird sense of sudden happiness, looked sideways at Jaemin who wouldn't even look him in the eye. "Is everything okay?"

Jaemin still didn't look at him, only moving his eyes downward to look at his hands folded in his lap. Should he bring this up now? He was waiting to ask the whole group at once, but what that person said in the mall was really eating away at him, especially since it was so close to his previous theory.

"Jaemin," Jeno said softly and sat himself up, scooching closer to him and studying his eyes. There was only a light on in the kitchen that illuminated his house since it was evening, but it was still enough to see. "If something's bothering you, you can always tell me."

Jaemin sighed and finally looked at him for the first time since they got there. "I know... it's just kinda hard to ask."

"Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be fine. Just ask whenever you're ready," Jeno smiled and pat his knee, suddenly withdrawing his hand a bit awkwardly.

The honey haired shook his head as he leaned back into the couch, feeling a bit nervous. "Well... I don't necessarily want to wait and that's the problem. I just... I was wondering," Jaemin cleared his throat and decided to just get it over with.

"I saw my brother with cat ears, and Donghyuck with the glowing was a bit odd. I researched a bit and had a dumb theory that they have powers and that's why you guys have been all secretive, but someone today at the mall told me this wild story that proved what I was thinking. Of course I don't know if they were insane or not, but he looked kind of familiar-"

Jeno felt his eyes widen as he cut the younger off. "Wait wait wait. Who was this??"

Jaemin shrugged and pictured the man as best he could. "I dunno... he had longish black hair and a really pale face. And he was wearing a long sleeved shirt with pants and gloves in the middle of summer."

"Hendery," Jeno muttered under his breath, crossing his arms as his eyebrows furrowed together. What was he doing back and talking to Jaemin? As far as he knew, he wanted nothing more to do with Hendery.