✨🌸 Chapter 69 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

"This movie's gonna be so fun," Yangyang said and rubbed his palms together, big grin on his face as he nudged the two beside him.

"Yeah, it's nice to get out again since you guys like keeping me from the world," Hendery said and made a bread face, Xiaojun exhaling through his nose with his arms crossed.

The brown haired suddenly grabbed the Hendery's elbow and brought his hand up high, part of his sleeve rolling down to reveal bandages still present. "This is why. We need to look out for you."

Hendery grimaced a bit inside, feeling like he's heard those words so often. Despite Xiaojun giving him that small step of freedom to help others, he went and ruined it with his stupid power. And now he was back to being his overly protective self once more.

"Cut him some slack, Xiaojun. Not everyone has powers so they won't be affected," Yangyang said and linked his arm with Hendery's, giving him a big smile before sticking his tongue out at the left out boy.

"But we literally run a school full of power people-"

"Hey, that was yours and Hendery's idea. I wanted to open a cafe but y'all said it was stupid. And too gay. In which I literally had to reply with 'guys we have been dating-'"

"Hey!"

The three of them stopped in their tracks as Yangyang shut his mouth, the cold, harsh voice sounding like a cold wave of ice and sleet crashing down on them. They turned around and saw only one person around their age on the sidewalk, jaw trembling as a smile wavered on his cheeks. The look honestly made this person appear unstable.

A few people walked passed until they were far enough away, the random boy straightening himself.

"How've you been..? Remember me?" he said with a snarl, face falling flat with no emotion.

The three looked at one another, then back to the random person. He chuckled and took a step forward, Xiaojun instinctively putting an arm across the other two and pushing them back.

"Look, we don't know who you are, okay?" Xiaojun said, looking straight into those eyes before something struck him. Those eyes, he's seen them before. Full of hatred and darkness, cocky smile adorning them without a single shimmer.

Hendery saw the same thing. He could almost picture those terrible days, the ones that put him into this position in the first place, the ones that gave him all his doubts.

"No... I know you..," the dark haired said and moved past Xiaojun's arm barricade, the two watching him step forward just a bit as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Ahh, I miss those days. Don't you, Hendery? I'd push you around a little, maybe throw your books out of your hands, give you a mere black eye on my good days. Too bad your friend here got in the way most of the time," the boy scowled and cracked his knuckles.