✨🌸 Chapter 50 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

It didn't take long for Jaehyun to arrive at the hospital, followed by Taeyong who swapped places and was now acting as his mental support. Renjun was distraught as they walked up to him sitting by himself in front of a hospital room, skin pale and eyes red.

The sterile smell of the hospital put Jaehyun on end as he quickly questioned Renjun, frantically wanting to know what was wrong with the honey haired boy.

Renjun only stared into nothingness. "I tried to warn him... his power... it was all my fault," the raven haired boy rested his arms on his knees and hands over his eyes. "It's all my fault."

The nurse interrupted them and stepped outside of the room with a stern look, face emotionless as she read through his files.

"Which one of you is family?" she asked, looking between the only three who were there.

Jaehyun cleared his throat. "I am. I'm his... brother." the boy said a little white lie, but not wanting information to be withheld from him.

The girl looked between them, sighing and looking down at her clipboard. She gestured for only Jaehyun to follow, so the man did while giving the others one last look.

The nurse looked up at him, not really knowing what to say from the odd condition Jaemin was in.

"So what is it?" Jaehyun said, worry aparent in his tone.

"Well, he's alright but... he won't be waking up for a while. I'm sorry to say this, but we have no idea how this happened. We did a test and found a vine growing around his heart and it's very dangerous. With parent permission we can perform surgery, but it would be fairly risky. And even so... since doctors are stumped, we have no idea how to fix this," the lady pursed her lips and gave a sorry look towards the other.

Jaehyun stared at the ground. Between what Renjun had said and the fact he knows that Jaemin can grow flowers, was this a work of his own power subconsciously growing? The thought sent him off into space as he completely forgot about the nurse in front of him.

The nurse then leaned closer and mumbled her words. "I'm so sorry, but I'll have you know this isn't the first time we've seen something strange like this. I had a patient who could sense emotions, almost like a power," the word caught Jaehyun's attention as he looked at the nurse's knowing eyes. "And we didn't know at the time, but it was slowly causing her to go insane."

The lady bowed, folding her clipboard under her arm and walking away. Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows and tried not to think about how Jaemin's power could possibly be damaging him instead of helping. That was a hard pill to swallow.

Walking back over, the three of them sat on the chairs side by side, spending the entire night worrying.

~•~