✨🌸 Chapter 52 🌸✨

~•~

~•~

The orange haired boy stared off into space, taking every word of the story in. His teeth grinded on his lip because he felt bad for them, but at the same time was reminded of something.

Renjun sighed and remained quiet after explaining, resting his arm on the bench and glancing to the side at the other. He wondered what was running through his mind, probably pity or judging the situation.

"Well," Renjun suddenly spoke, slapping his hand down on the bench and using it as leverage to stand up. "I should get back... thank you for listening, though."

The dark haired boy's eyes were met with Yangyang's, his hazel ones softer than before, but he also looked disturbed by something. Since the other wasn't saying anything such as a word of support, or even a goodbye, Renjun found himself only standing there and staring. But before he had the chance to even run back into the building, the orange haired finally stood and looked intensely at Renjun.

"I don't want to do this... god I don't want to... but," Yangyang looked to the ground, inhaling deeply before glancing back at a confused Renjun.

"What is it?"

Yangyang shoved his hands in his pockets. He might be straight up denied or killed by Xiaojun, but if it meant rescuing this kid that he's warmed up to, he wouldn't mind.

This was far more serious.

Ignoring all the voices coming from the sidewalks and birds chirping through the air, Yangyang inhaled to speak.

~•~

Jeno staggered backwards, noticing the mixed look on Jaemin as the other walked over, leaving the ice cream bar behind. He quickly weaves between the tables and climbed over a small fence, not tearing his gaze from him.

Jeno's breath sped up as the honey haired boy was only a few feet away, stopping and looking worriedly at Jeno. He knew this would be his reaction if he were to see him, and he felt terrible about it. That's why he was trying to hide since Jeno had awoken that morning.

Jeno felt the corner of his lips pulling back, but in no way was it a smile. His chin quivered and he felt his legs trying to give up underneath him. Jaemin looked even more worried at the scared look Jeno had, feeling his heart break at the sight.

He should be happy to see the other, finally moving and standing right in front of him, but...

why did he have to appear transparent?

"Jeno..," Jaemin said sadly and caressed his cheek with a cold thumb, only feeling like the ghost of a touch. Jeno felt so overwhelmed that he couldn't even answer, so instead he shut his eyes and shakily whimpered, hoping in his mind he was only seeing things.