Bonfire 3:2

11:43 PM

"Welcome back to bonfire, ladies." Stephanie greeted the women as they filed in and took their seats, "How are you guys tonight?"

"Nervous." said Nikki.

"Do you really think you have a reason to be?"

"Oh yea." she nodded.

"Im just curious to see how Dean's coping." Renee said, "I hope he's been in good spirits."

"Well, you all know how bonfire goes. With that being said, we'll start with Alexa. Will you be watching it with the girls or by yourself?"

"Um...i'll watch it with everyone."

"Press play when you're ready." she handed Alexa the iPad.

VC-Alexa-I am praying that this clip wasn't like last bonfire's clip.

/The scene showed AJ and Lacey on their date.

"Can I ask why you dont drink?"

"Its a personal choice. Ive grown up seeing how substance abuse can ruin people. Ive seen how it can ruin families. It ruined my family. As a result, ive vowed to never ever indulge in it."

"Well that is truly admirable. I can relate to you to an extent. My dad was an alcoholic. It was bad. It really affected how my siblings and I grew up."

"Im so sorry to hear that."

VC-AJ-So far, I'm really liking Lacey. I can tell her and I would have a lot in common.

"What do you do for work?" AJ asked.

"Well after retiring from the military, I opened my own cement company."

AJ's eyes lit up "You were in the military?"

"Yup. I was a marine. I also was a part of the swat team"

".....W-wow. I would have never guessed that. Thats incredible. I come from a military family myself. As a matter of fact, I was born on a military base."

"Oh really?"

"Yea my dad was a marine."

"Well look at that. We already have something in common."

"What made you want to be a part of the military?"

"My life...growing up...was so hard. The environment I was growing up in was just so toxic. I knew that I needed to get away from that. Joining the military was the best option I had. It took me out of that toxicity. It made me into a better woman. I needed to escape my reality and that helped me. If I hadn't gone off to the military, god alone knows where I would have ended up. It saved me."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"Looord do I. I have 6 other siblings. Five sisters, 1 brother."

AJ gave an amused laugh, " Ive got 3 other brothers myself."

"Where are you from again."

"Gainesville Georgia."

"South Carolina."

"I was actually born in North Carolina. I lived there for a year before we moved to Georgia."

"We arent too far apart from each other." She giggled.

"You know, you say you own a cement company, I actually work for a cement company at the moment."