Kill them all

The guards were way too unsure to be a real danger and I quickly got them to the floor, clutching their chests in pain where I had stabbed them. Blood was covering the ground and the other guards were extremely scared now. I only raised the knife in a fake throw and they instantly ran away with loud screams.
Nightmare came closer, but I wasn't ready for that at all. With a quick turn I put the knife on his throat before noticing that it was just him.
With a quiet sigh of relief I pulled the knife away and cleaned it on one of the guards clothes. Those were already dead. I only took two of their swords and threw them to the startled Nightmare and the slightly scared Notch. Then I put the knife back into its place in my belt and started going into the same direction as before.
After almost twenty minutes or so Nightmare caught up to me and asked: "Is everything alright Hero? You don't seem like you're alright."
I only smiled at him gently. "No, I'm alright. I only needed that short fight to release the stress. But it's fine now."
I wasn't able to hide the pain and fear in my voice completely and so Nightmare stopped, gripping my arm, stopping me from continuing our way. I turned around a little bit confused as Nightmare pulled me close in a quick move. He raised my head slightly and looked into my eyes. "When did you take the pills last time?", he whispered so quiet that Notch couldn't hear us. I shrugged, obliviously knowing where this was going. I tried to get out of Nightmares' hands, but his grip tightened. "When?", he asked once more, his voice even more dangerous than mine. It sent shivers down my back but I kept calm.
"I don't know, Nightmare. It has nothing to do with the pills, tho. I sw-"
He suddenly put his hand on my mouth while having my hands in his other one. "Tell me, Herobrine."
His voice was extremely calm, yet I knew that it was just played. I started to growl, but he instantly pinned me against the next tree, fixing my hands above my head. He raised his left fist and was already ready to punch me.
That was enough for me. With all my strength I pushed him back with my feet, landing on my butt as Nightmare stumbled back. But I was standing again as soon as he regained his balance.
Something was wrong. Notch was standing a few meters away, he had backed up against a tree, obliviously afraid of what is happening.
And not only he was scared.
I've never seen Nightmare so aggressive towards me. It was worse than his state when he was disappointed.
Nightmare charged at me and threw me to the floor, pointing the sword I gave him earlier at my throat.
He snapped. One of the side effects of the pills.
Damnit! I shouldn't have given him those!!!
Nightmare dug his sharp nails into my shoulder and made me yelp in pain. It was terrifying, yet I kept a cool head.
I took the blade of the sword and shoved it back, careful not to hurt him. It made me clench my teeth as the shark blade dug itself into my palms and fingers, letting some blood drip out.
Nightmare didn't react on it tho. He kept staring at me, hate all over his eyes. That only left me one single choice.
I took a deep breath and blew gently at him. Nightmares' eyes suddenly clouded themselves and I only whispered: "Sleep."
The rather heavy demon above me collapsed on top of me, stealing my breath for a moment before I was able to throw him down.
Notch came over to me now and took the sword away, cautious that anything could happen when he wakes up again.
I took a few deep breaths and sat up, putting my arms loosely on my knees.
"Damnit! Why did I have to give him those freakin' pills?!", I growled annoyed. Of course I kinda forgot that Notch didn't know anything about it yet. He tilted his head and asked sharply: "You are the one whose fault it is?"
I groaned quietly. "Yes. But I didn't expect him to go insane like that after that long time! I gave him those pills, actually, only a quarter of a pill, but I didn't expect anything to happen!"
Notch only rolled his eyes at me. "Idiot."
My eyes widened slightly. "Well, fuck you too.", I growled, giving him an aggressive deathglare.
"You shouldn't have given him the pills then!!! What pills were those?!"
I stayed silent. Then I only mumbled: "Morphine."
Notch gasped. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU GIVE HIM?!?! ARE YOU INSANE?! YOU IDIOT!"
I shrugged. "I didn't want to hurt him at all! I wanted to help him!"
Nightmare suddenly opened his eyes and instantly focused on me. "H-hey..."
His voice was faint and rather hoarse, but he wasn't aggressive anymore. I kneeled down next to him and wanted to check his pulse, but he sat up and hugged me tightly.
"I'm sorry... I didn't want to hurt you..."
I winced slightly but responded calmly: "No. Don't say sorry. It's my fault. I shouldn't have given you those pills." I hugged him back.
He smiled and I lifted him up carefully, helping him stand for a moment before he let go.
Notch shot a glare at me that only said: be happy that this worked.

(Timeskip to three weeks later)

I smiled as a sudden memory hit me. "I have an idea of where to go!"
Without them saying anything against it I teleported us to my old hidden base. Of course I can't say where it is, or it wouldn't be a hidden base! Nightmare jumped onto one of the three sofas and faceplanted into it. "Amazing!"
Even Notch was surprised.
The walls were covered in dark wood planks, a red carpet was in the floor. A TV was on a shelf, surrounded by two bookshelves. A glass table was standing between the three sofas and a flowerpot on it with a white flower in it.
I sighed relieved and sat down as well. "Why didn't we teleport here instantly?", Nightmares' muffled voice asked. I shrugged calmly. "I kinda forgot about it."
Notch looked around. "Uhm... Guys? I'll leave you alone for now. I have to go to the Aether. See you in a few months!" And he was gone.
I was confused now. Man, so much happened today... Way too much for my brain.
I was ripped out of my thoughts as Nightmare pinned me down on the couch, his face close to mine.
"We're alone now, Hero~"
I swallowed heavily. No, I'm still not ready!
Nightmare smiled. "Oh Hero. We both know you are~"
I struggled to get out but he put his lips gently on mine.
I don't know why, but Nightmare always catches me off-guard. I felt how he went away from my lips and traveled down to my shoulder, softly kissing it.
I had closed my eyes subconsciously and clenched my teeth to not make any sound.
Nightmare obliviously didn't like that I was so silent. So he just picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I yelped and slapped his back as a sign he should let me go, but he didn't care.

_________________
1252 words

WARNING! NEXT CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN SMUT/ MAYBE A LEMON!