026

• • •

• • •

"You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much"

Frankie Valli,
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

• • •

W I T H Charlie in the cart, Bucky easily pushed her around as she went through the list. They had made it half down the next aisle before an employee found them and politely reminded the two that the carts were for items and not a toy.

So now they both walked side by side as Charlie did a majority of her usual grocery shopping.

Bucky enjoyed walking with her. He liked being with her in a public setting, where he could see her walk around in the world with that damn smile on her face.

He was also amazed with how the world had changed.

"Five whole dollars for this?" Bucky said with shocked laced through his tone. "These used to be like... fifty cents."

A bubbly laughter came from Charlie as she took the box from his hand and set it in the basket. "It's called inflation, Buck. Shits expensive."

"That's ridiculous."

"Just wait till you see how much the turkey is going to cost. Come along, Barnes."

They continued their way into the next aisle, where the frozen foods were and Charlie was drawn to the ice cream display. "Ooh, I want mint chocolate chip."

"I don't think I've ever had that."

"It's kind of like eating toothpaste but way better." Charlie said. She set the container in the basket. "Okay. I think that's it for regular food. Now it's time for Thanksgiving. Did you think of anything specific you want for dinner?"

"I told you that anything is fine."

Charlie raised an eyebrow for half a second. "Well, alright. Oh, um so I forgot to tell you. I was thinking about how I invited you but then I realized that your family probably didn't..." Her words stopped as she realized what she was about to say could be hurtful. She cleared her throat. "Well, they are welcome to join us for dinner too."

Bucky was about to tell her that they were fine, but the thought of Wanda Maximoff stopped him. He knew that while she wasn't American, she would most likely spend the day alone. And he didn't even know what Sam was doing.