**✿❀ Chapter 22 ❀✿**

"Yeji-ah."

It was already dark outside and Soobin had already wasted time laying on his bed uselessly after they had gotten back from their day out. As much as Soobin wanted to continue and follow Yeonjun home, he knew he had to take care of his business as fast as possible. 

Phone against the ear, he dialled his close friend in another state to help him out, someone who understands the gang situation as much as he did. 

"Oh Soobin! It's been a long time since I've heard from you! How's life?"

"I...I don't know anything anymore." Soobin sighed, scratching his head. Well, that was a depressing start. 

"Oh? Tell me about it." Shuffling resounded over the line as Yeji seemed to dropped whatever she was doing to lend Soobin an ear. 

There was suddenly a huge lump in Soobin's throat and suddenly, he wanted to throw everything, including himself out of the window.

But alas, Soobin tightened his grip on his phone as he sucked in a breath and told Yeji everything.

"Oh shit...this... Soobin I can't do much to Taejoon...my family has an alliance with their gang, I mean your gang. So I have to stay clean." Yeji slowly said, sadness and frustration lacing her words. 

Soobin nodded although he knew Yeji couldn't ee him over the phone. He had already expected this answer, and he guessed he still called her because someone needed to listen to what he had on his mind. 

"I know. I was just hoping you could help me..." Soobin replied, stared at the ceiling dark ceiling.

"Help you what? Cheat on Yeonjun?"

Soobin sat up. "Really? Will that really work?" As much as Soobin hated himself for getting excited chancing over such a stupid fucking solution, he told himself that all of this was for Yeonjun.

"I'm not sure Soobin..Yeonjun's a really sweet guy." Yeji said uncertainly. She knew lives were at stake and no matter what, she had to help the two in one way or another. She also knew there was no way Yeonjun was going to break up willingly just because his life was at stake. 

"If Yeonjun gets to live without having to worry about anything anymore...I'll gladly do anything," Soobin firmly answered. 

"But.."

"Yeji, the amount of pain he will feel is...is temporary. I need him to leave and forget me." Soobin said, cutting Yei off." "He needs to find someone better."

Yeonjun's head bopped along to the tune of the music. He's been feeling somewhat excited to return to school.

Why?

Well, he didn't see Soobin yesterday since the boy told him he had to fetch his mother from the airport and help her unpack. Yeonjun's mother was coming back a few days later that Soobin's mother so he had spent Sunday alone, longing for Soobin's touch and smell. 

Yeonjun took his phone out and checked the lock screen again, something he had been doing repeatedly way to many times. 

He raised his eyebrows.

Soobin hadn't texted or called him since yesterday. Yeonjun told himself that Soobin was just busy and wanted to spend time with his mother but can't help but be worried. He did seem a little out of it the other say as well. 

Yeonjun shook his head. What was he thinking? Soobin has his own life too, stop being so paranoid, Yeonjun told himself.

And so humming along to his music, Yeonjun walked to school.