31

Yeonjun regretted the outburst halfway through, but the words tumbled out, one vile, traitorous word after another. And Soobin was silent as the night sky, his mouth opening and closing like he was trying to taste the burn of his words after they left his hits.

More tears fell and Yeonjun looked down at his shoe.

And then, another pair stepped into his blurry vision. He felt himself being pulled into a warm embrace, ears on top of the heart that beat the same as his.

"I hate you." Yeonjun sobbed, weakly hitting Soobin. "I hate you so much." But he was hugging Soobin all the same, scrunching up the back of the taller's shirt. He felt the large familiar hand on his back, patting him.

"I'm sorry," Soobin's voice called out again. "I know I've been an ass, I've hurt you beyond what I can imagine, but I had my reasons"

Soobin pulled Yeonjun out of his embrace and tilted the boy's chin upwards so that he was staring into those glassy eyes.

'I'm not an easy person to be with. I know that. I probably am always making it hard for you. I'll be really difficult at times, I know. It may seem like, at times, I don't want you, and I don't like you, but I do. I'll be a challenge because I'm the type of person who people walk over. I'm not the type who puts up with bullshit unless it's for you. If people are assholes to me, I'll throw them out of my life."

Yeonjun looked into Soobin's eyes which were moistening up as well. Soobin continued.

"I'm annoying. I'm hilarious, and I'm the world's biggest jerk."

Yeonjun started to shake his head, opening his mouth but Soobin cut him off.

"I'll make you want to scream and punch the wall, I'll ruin your day and then save it at the very last minute. I'll drive you crazy and sometimes you'll hate my guts. I--"

Yeonjun held a finger up to Soobin's lips. He didn't want to see the younger, even if Soobin had been an asshole.

"Soobin you," Yeonjun sighed. "You...you, right I agree with you. I want you out of my life, I want you to disappear from my life sometimes. You threw my bag away, punched me, scolded me, cheated on me."

Soobin's eyes shook slightly as a silence washed over them. He looked away and bit his lips. Yeonjun saw him blinking fast and staggering back, started to turn and walk away.

"But you re different too."

Soobin stopped walking.

"You have an amazing side to you, a giant heart. The 15 years I've spent with you, you were there for me when I needed you. Even if your life was completely knotted, you tried to untangle mine by listening and loving. Even if you said those things to me, I, Choi Yeonjun won't stop caring about you. You're different and that's why I want reasons, explain why you've made those awful decisions, why you did those things, because I know there's something wrong too."

Soobin didn't move for a while, just stood there, Yeonjun's words running through his mind. Finally, he turned around, eyes red.

'I'll tell you everything. Because now, I can. No more lies."

"Ok let me get this straight. Taejoon wants to kill both of us, but your gang wants him dead so you were doing all the 'cheat on me stuff' for show, which mean you and Yeji are technically not dating, which means you lied to me about your mother's return when really it was Yeji, and since the gang wants Taejoon gone like how you would like it, you can tell me everything now and that all the shit that happened in the past few days were just...lies." Yeonjun repeated, brows furrowed.

"Yup."

"So you're telling me I wasted all those tears for nothing."

"Yup."

"I hate you."

The two were now up in Yeonjun's bedroom, sitting cross each other on the bed as Soobin went through the entire process of explaining everything to Yeonjun.

Twice.

"Oh I know you don't mean that Yeonjun." Soobin smiled. It felt so good to be back, back in Yeonjun's bedroom, though it was messy since the last time he saw it. But nonetheless, he loved the feeling he had right now. In the same room, with his yeonjun.

"Stop calling me that!" Yeonjun folded his arms.

Soobin raised his eyebrows.

"Don't call me Yeonjun." The blue haired boy blushed slightly, and then looked away. "J-just call me w-what you've always called me."

Soobin let out a laugh. Something he hadn't done so genuinely for quite some time. "I heard you...my little Junnie."

Impossibly, Yeonjun grew even redder. Which Soobin found was insanely cute.

"Come here little Junnie. My little pouty junnie!" Soobin cooed as he reached forward and trapped Yeonjun in his big arms, before proceeding to smother him with kisses.

"Yah! Stop, it tickles Soobin." Yeonjun cried out. Soobin stopped kissing and frowned slightly.

Yeonjun coughed. "I mean, Soobinnie."

Soobin smiled at that and continued his attack.

And soon the whole room was filled with laughter and yells of happiness, the two boys glad to finally be together. It felt whole again and when they both laid down on the floor from exhaustion, it felt nice to be in each other's arms.

"Man, your hair is getting dull." Soobin said, as he fiddled with Yeonjun's blue strands. The boy shrugged. "I'll just dye it black soon. I'm getting tired of blue."

Soobin just hummed. And they stayed that way on the floor for a while, just listening to each other breathe like old times.

"So...are we safe now?" Yeonjun broke the silence.

"What?" Soobin asked, looking down just as Yeonjun looked up.

"I mean are we free? Can we go out just like before?"

Soobin pursed his lips, but finally shook his head. "I don't think so Junnie. Taejoon. He's still out there, he's still a threat to you."

Yeonjun sighed. He was sick. Sick that they couldn't love each other freely. "I guess we can still hang out together. Secretly that is"

Soobin gave a small hum of approval.

Things went quiet again. Yeonjun's mother had left the house just an hour ago to visit her friend who had called her over. Why they were doing that at 12am, Yeonjun didn't know, and didn't bother to either. At least this way, he had his own free time with Soobin.

So it was a surprise to both of them when footsteps came echoing outside the room as someone climbed up the stairs and stopped in front of the door.

"Mom?" Yeonjun called out, raising his head slightly to look at the door. Soobin had his eyes closed probably trying to ignore the knocks that followed soon.

"Mom?" Yeonjun called again, sitting up and heaving himself to stand. Soobin's phone rang. The taller groaned and reached for his phone lying on Yeonjun's bed. He parted his eyes open slightly before they flew open.

He quickly got up and grabbed Yeonjun's wrist before the boy could reach the door.

"What are y--" Soobin placed a finger onto Yeonjun's lips, signalling him to be quiet. He shifted his gaze to the door. Whoever was outside didn't respond nor stopped knocking.

Suddenly, the knocking stopped. Yeonjun looked at Soobin worriedly, clearly knowing that something was wrong. Soobin placed his fingers down but his eyes told Yeonjun to be quiet. He motioned for Yeonjun to come over as he walked towards the window still on the other side of the room.

Before Yeonjun could ask what was going on, Soobin showed him the message he received.

Yoenjun's eyes widened just as Soobin did.

It was from Yeji's phone.

You can't hide forever. I'll find you. And I'll kill you just like I killed the girl.