40 *

Surprisingly, Hueningkai's first thought wasn't I got shot.

He knew that already as he moved forward to cover Yeonjun's smaller frame. He was ready for the bullet, ready for his body to fall forward into the dirt.

But he wasn't prepared for how painful it would be once the bullet sliced through his skin and into his insides, lodging itself there. He pulled in a deep breath, feeling every inch of the pain. He didn't hear, speak, or looked. He laid on his side, looking at Taejoon on the floor like him, only with the bully through his head. His fingers let go of the gun in his fingers which he had taken from one of the guards.

The sound slowly came back to him like he was running out of a tunnel, and it swarmed onto him like a thick blanket. He couldn't differentiate who was who.

He painfully cracked his eyes open but he couldn't really see well with black dots swimming in his vision. He felt himself slipping. It was getting harder to breathe.

He blinked once, twice.

And then a face came into view.

Yeonjun.

The older boy's face was etched with worry and fear, there were lines of tears on is cheeks. Aside from the cuts and buried on his face, Yeonjun looked fine.

A weak smile formed on Hueningkai lips.

Thank god.

He saved Yenojun.

H's eyelids had started drooping but shot open again as something pressed onto his wounds and let out a strangled grunt. He could feel people shuffling.

His vision blurred and cleared, blurred, and cleared. But he focused on Yeonjun.

The ain was now carrying him into the murkiness of unconsciousness.

I hope I earned his forgiveness.

With that, Hueningkai blinked once more, before his eyes finally stayed closed and his head rolled to the side, a teardrop running down the side on his face and onto the ground, missing with his blood.

Taehyun had witness the whole chaos unfold before his very eyes. Taejoon stumbling out of the house like a crazed zombie, his hands shakily raising up and aiming the gunshot at Yeonjun.

Hueningkai noticing it 3 seconds earlier than those near him.

Huneingkai's eyes widening as he sfited his body in front of Yeonjun.

Hueningkai taking the hit with a jolt, knees to the floor, chest to the floor, falling in such a boneless manner than Taehyun's scream shredded louder than the shot.

He slid forward on his knees to the boy and his arms just travelled in the air. He didn't know what to do.

Beomgyu followed suit after seeing his best friend fall down. He floated behind Taehyun, eyes darting between Taejoon's body and Hueningkai's.

It was like a switch was flipped and suddenly everyone was yelling and running for the boy as well as the car.

Yeonjun stood frozen, he hadn't seen what had happened, but he was so scared.

So so scared as he looked down at Huneingkai's injured body. He felt the other suddenly open his eyes and his eyes looked at him. Yeonjun squatted down to meet his gaze, and suddenly he felt tears rushing out. His friend...was dying.

It was at that moment, when he tuned out everyone's yells and shouts to focus on Hueningkai as well.

He saw Hueningkai's smile tug at his brusied cheeks before it faltered. Yeonjun grabbed Hueningkai's hand but the boy didn't react to it, just continued staring at Yeonjun.