49 (Finale)

Yeonjun didn't even dare to breathe. 

All the while, his eyes were trained on the gun, as if he was afraid that should he even move the slightest movement, the trigger will go off and they'll die. Soobin's hand trembled slightly as he kept a firm grip on Yeonjun. 

It had been such a long time since he felt such a fear that what was once should have been easy to handle made him feel like it was an utterly hopeless situation.

No, he can't let this happen. Not again at least.

He flicked his eyes up so that he had his sight set on the Mexican driver, who was now wearing a menacing look and chewing on a toothpick. 

Using his free hand, Soobin slid his fingers into his jacket pocket where his phone laid, the music still playing through his Bluetooth earpiece, which hangs limply on his shoulders. He couldn't risk looking down without raising suspicion since they were entering a tunnel road and the brightness of the phone would give them away.

Soobin gulped and fingered the home button, pressed to let his phone recognize it's owner, and swiped left. He knew he was on the shortcuts page where a few contacts were placed there to allow Soobin to call at the tap of his finger.

He didn't care which call went through but soon enough a faint dial could be heard in the backseat, quiet enough for the man in front not to hear anything.

The dial stopped and a faint voice crackled through the speaker. 

Soobin blinked, not knowing how to speak without really speaking so as to say. He gripped his phone, brain racing to think of a situation before whoever the person hangs up.

Light entered the car by sections as they left the tunnel behind, and turned left. Soobin saw that they were leaving town, to which one didn't know but he knew if the signal runs out while they are in some lifeless place, there wouldn't be another chance to call again.

Suddenly Yeonjun started a coughing fit from beside him.

The gun jumped to life and immediately turned toward the sound, a click echoed as it was ready to fire.

Yeonjun held up his hand to cough, showing that he wasn't doing anything and side-eyed Soobin.

His husband got the message.

With the noise covering his words, Soobin bent and stuck his lips near the speaker and whispered, "Help us, we are out of town, trace the phone. Help us, trace the phone."

Over and over again he said those words, almost like they were a prayer to save them.

Yeonjun stopped coughing but Soobin remained crouching so that his body could cover the phone while he worked on activating his location to his contacts. 

The car stopped but Soobin hardly realized, hands busy swiping and tapping. 

'Soobin," Yeonjun whispered. "Soobin stop-he-"

The door beside Soobin was flung open and he nearly tumbled out since he was leaning on it. He looked up and came face to face with a very very ugly and disfigured, yet familiar face.

He dropped the phone, the call still ongoing for he hadn't hung up. Yeonjun screamed.

"Hello Soobin," the person said. His voice were like nails scraping the walls, scratchy and gruff. Before he could respond to that question, the guy moved back and the driver, who had gotten out while the shock had unfolded, grabbed his clothes by the collar and dragged him out onto the road. 

Soobin looked around frantically, spotting Yeonjunn being dragged out on the other side by someone else and thrown next to him. 

There were no cars, no houses, no one.