29

For some reason, Soobin laughed drily. "What the fuck? You seriously telling me it was Taejoon and not just your doing?"

"I'm not kidding. Think about Soobin. He's the one who told you to break up wasn't he?" Jungkook folded his arms.

"Yeah, but in the first place how the fuck did he know we were dating?" Soobin sent an accusing glare to Jungkook.   

"Hey it wasn't me, was my partner who gave him the info." Jungkook raised his hands. "Really, I had to do it, he threatened me."

"Threatened you with what? Cmon, you're a member of one of the strongest gangs in society." Soobin said.

"You're not the only one doing this 'secret dating' thing ok?" Jungkook made a quotation gesture. "Jimin and I are together too."

"What?!" Soobin almost choked on his own saliva. That's some interesting tea, despite him not wanting to associate too much with Jungkook.

"Whatever, but we've been together for a few months already. And yeah, I agree with what you said, but I'm not going to risk anything happening to him." Jungkook ran a hand through his hair as he looked through the shop window and stared at Jimin talking to Yeji. "I'm willing to do anything to make sure he's safe. Even if it means making more enemies for myself."

Soobin felt pity all of a sudden, which he didn't expect himself to feel. He knew what Jungkook was going through to a certain extent. I mean, wasn't it what he was doing all these years? Beating the shit out of Yeonjun's bullies and now even making Yeonjun hate him just so he could keep the boy safe. But he still couldn't forgive Jungkook.

"Fine. So taejoon asked you to beat up Yeonjun? That's all?"

"Pretty much, he said to keep Yeonjun out of your hair so you could focus on your job, which I recently just found out was to take me out." Jungkook rolled his eyes. "That motherfucker."

Soobin sighed. "Seems like Taejoon did quite a good job of messing all of us up. Thank god this came to light."

Jungkook nodded. He stuck out his hand. "Partners?"

Soobin looked down and scoffed. "No, but I will comply with whatever that we need to do to take that motherfucker down."

Jungkook dropped his hand awkwardly as Soobin stuffed his hands in his pockets. "No matter what your reasons are, I can't forgive you... especially your brother for messing up Yeonjun's life, understand that."

Jungkook nodded. "I'll make it up to him one day."

"You don't have to."

The two stood in somewhat intense silence, Jungkook taking out a stick of cigarette and lit it up just as Yeji walked through the doors.

"Oh, Soobin we should get going. Jimin here says he wants some time with Jungkook." The girl said hurrying down the pathway.

Soobingave a hum of approval and started walking down the pathway towards Yeji's car when he stopped. 

"Hey Jeon." Soobin turned around.

"What?"

"Who's that partner who told Taejoon about me and Yeonjun?"

"Huening Kai. He's in the same school as us. Well, you at least. "Jungkook said, blowing out a puff of smoke along with the misty breath of his.

Soobin's eyes widened. Huening Kai? He must have heard wrong right?

"Huening Kai? I've never heard of that name before, in the gangs."

"Well, yeah he's new. He wasn't recruited or anything, just walked in by himself a few months ago and said he wanted extra money. He's a complete stranger so he's not a permanent member, we placed him to be our informant."

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows. What the fuck? At first, he was hoping it was a different Huening Kai, from somewhere else, not someone he had deemed as his little brother.

As he sat in the car and looked at the darkening night, little signs became clearer. Huening Kai deliberately making Yeonjun fall, not wanting to be in the same room as him below or Yeonjun looking uncomfortable whenever he was next to the younger boy. 

Did Huening Kai hit him behind my back?

Soobin tightened his fist. He should have known... 

"Why," Soobin whispered. "Why are you doing this..."