46

As soon as he saw Yeonjun's figure get smaller down the street, he peeled away from the window he had waddled to after he had hastily ran out of the bath and rushed to dry himself. As he opened his side of the wardrobe and pulled out the last drawer underneath, a crunching sound emitted and he grimaced. He knew he should have placed the egg cartoon behind his clothes.

He shook his head and grabbed a large white t-shirt, along with shorts.

Squatting down, he quickly took the things out: bread, eggs, jam bottle, milk, the meat that had already thawed, and other junk food.

Yes that's right, his plan of getting Yeonjun out of the house had worked flawlessly.

Piling them into his arms, he staggered to the door and went downstairs, checking once more for Yeonjun in case he had come back and then nodded while placing everything back at its place.

He should be somewhere near the store by now, Soobin thought to himself and took out his phone from where he had held it under his armpit.

His hair still dripping water, he tapped away on his phone and then placed the device next to his ear and paced around while waiting for the other to answer.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey mom!" Soobin exclaimed and held his phone against his ear with his shoulder while he went to the door and opened it, surveying the street. "Are you arriving soon?"

"Oh yes dear, I'm picking up some balloons on the way remember?" his mother's voice came through.

Soobin gasped. He had forgotten about those which were left at Yeji's house a few nights before.

"Right, hurry ok? I've already received the helium container," Soobin replied as he turned around to look at the tall metal container beside the shoe shelf, which oddly Yeonjun noticed but didn't pursue much to the reason why it was there.

"Don't worry. When are your friends coming over again?"

Soobin walked back in and shut the door, sitting down at the counter table. "Hm... Jimin and Jungkook will be here at around 9 am, Taehyung will arrive later since he has some business to attend to. And... oh I forgot, Wooyoung and Yeosang will arrive only at 4pm since they are out of town."

"Wooyoung and Yeosang... ahhh I remember them, they were Yeonjun's childhood best friends weren't they? Are they bringing their other friends over?"

Soobin nodded although his mother couldn't see him. "Yup, everyone's joining in! Taehyun and Boemgyu included of course and Huening...from heaven," Soobin finished, feeling sad their youngest friend couldn't be there.

"Alright you take care of the admin matters, I'm almost there,"his mother replied and after exchanging a few more words, they hung up.

Soobin yawned and stretched.

The morning sun was already filtering through the translucent white blinds that were drawn in the house, bathing the room in the soft glow.

"Better go dry my hair in the mean time," Soobin muttered as he slowly made his way back up again, heart nonetheless beating wildly in excitement for what was to come next.

"Hello Yeonjun?"

The taller boy blinked. Once, twice, and then shifted his eye so he was looking at Yeji before looking at the scenery behind her.

"You've been silent the entire trip," she said and then both of them were slammed backwards as the vehicle they were in suddenly stopped.

Yeji broke eye contact and looked at the front, surveying the situation. There was smoke emitting from outside the bus.