11. Fair Fight

Beats: Shape of you ~ Ed Sheeran

"Mrs. Tomlinson I can't thank you enough. I had the best birthday."

"Oh please, don't. You are like a son to me."

"Last night was amazing Lou, thanks for throwing a surprise party-"

"Yeah, yeah... I gotta scram." Louis interrupts Troye, puts on his coat and heads for the exit.

"Louis! That was really horrid of you!" His mother reprimands.

"Whatever. Love you mom. I'm running late for work." He replies without looking back. Louis runs into Harry across the street coming to the bakery.

"Hi McTardy."

"Goodmorning to you, too." Harry snaps sarcastically.

"That's my bae." Louis slithers his arms around the taller lad's neck and pulls him in for a sweet kiss. Harry flushes after Louis pulls away.

"What?"

"It's just...really weird...doing this in public."

"What? You were never shy about public displays..."

"Lou," Harry whines. "This is different."

"Yeah, because I don't have boobs and a pu-"

"All I'm asking for is patience." Harry's eyes flicker with anger which fizzles out when Louis takes his hand and kisses the white knuckles.

"All the time is yours. I will fight for you..for us." He mumbles against the skin as he slowly brings his blue orbs to meet with green. The curly haired bloke blushes despite his blank expression.

"You should get going. You're already too late for work." Harry's deep voice sends him into panic.

"Dang it!" Louis is about to race away but he is pulled back and a kiss is stolen from him.

"Take care, Lou."

"Bye Harry." He whispers huskily and leaves with a face-splitting grin.

Harry enters Sweet Swoon to be met with an astounded blonde. "Troye? Are you alright?"

"Y-you a...and him?"

Harry groans and face palms himself. Where he and Louis stood earlier was directly visible from the bakery. "You saw us?"

"Yeah, you like, grabbed his arm and kissed him."

"What about Mrs. Tomlinson?"

"Nae, I'm the only witness...at least from in here."

Harry sighed dramatically and got behind the counter, putting on his uniform.

"I'm honestly surprised because you..."

"...don't look like you swing that way." Harry finishes for him.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way. Had I known earlier I would have beat Louis to it." Troye winks at him. Harry chuckles nervously and shakes out his curls to hide the creeping blush.

"I ...er am not out of the closet yet."

"What?"

"I haven't officially defined my orientation neither have I had the dreaded talk with my mom."

"Oh." An awkward silence ensues as they wait for someone to walk through the door and break the ice. Until Harry decides to break it himself. "Is everything okay with you and Lou?"

Troye shakes his head and crosses his arms over the counter. "He hates me."

"Like, I noticed last night...in your birthday party he was kind of cold to you."