30. Kind of Kill

Beats: Strawberries & Cigarettes ~ Troye Sivan

Zayn's POV

For half a year, I have not seen eye to eye with my best friend Liam. I still can't forgive him for concealing the fact that he was attracted to men from me. But the signs were all right under my nose but I was too stupid to see. He regularly went to that filthy club Cherry's to watch male strippers. There was a time he told me I was beautiful and I blamed it on the alcohol we had consumed that night we went out partying for his birthday.

How could I have been so blind in our three years of friendship? No wonder his hugs were too tight and long. I shudder to think of the times I caught him staring at me. I'd always assume he had zoned out or was meditating and I just happened to be in his line of sight. Lord, was I wrong. He was totally checking me out. So I guess all those accidental walk-ins to my bedroom were planned.

Now everything makes perfect sense. I met Liam when my precious Aphrodite, Gigi passed away. So I think he got the wrong idea when I remained single for so long. When you have perfection like Gigi in your life, trust me you will never look twice at another woman.No matter how much of a randy he-goat you think you are.

Speaking of another woman, I had to end it with Anne because peculiar things have been happening to me lately. I just want to spare her the trouble because I myself do not understand what's going on. Fortunately, she agreed since she had a ton of emotional baggage and she could not invest in a relationship with me. I was led to understand that her son departed and she blamed herself for it.

It was in my plans to send him away but now, it's no use. I'm no longer dating his mother and I actually discovered that I do not hate him as much as I thought I did. He was weird but when I think about it, he was actually kind-hearted. I just hope he returns home and stops his mother's suffering.

That night of Lola's birthday was the last time I saw him and I guess he too was pissed at the behaviour of his best friend, that Louis guy. My little daughter was upstairs doing her homework with the help of Demi. That's right. When the woman heard I was single again, she bounced right back in my life. I try my best to avoid her advances, just like a game of dodgeball.

I finish preparing the lasagna and set it on the kitchen counter. Sunny was off for the day so yours truly took the kitchen by storm.Yes bitch, I can cook.
The doorbell rings and I groan and go check who it is.Why don't I have a butler?

Before I can assess my guest, everything happens at a supersonic speed. My waist is grabbed, the door is shut, I'm pinned against it and my eyes fall closed. A pair of unbelievably soft lips dance on mine, moist and pleasantly warm. The scent of strawberries and coconut prevails around me.It's been long since I've kissed anyone and the feeling overpowers me.

My mouth falls open and I allow the slick tongue to slide in between my teeth and probe into my mouth. I place my hands on the shoulders and slide them up to feel the long silky curly locks of hair. My fingers tangle in the magical mane which is partly covering my own face. I moan softly and my hands descend from the hair towards the broad firm chest. Wait, no breasts?As if electrocuted, I retract my hands and push the person away by the shoulders.

My lips, however, had different plans as they were enslaved to the quiet rhythm of the moonspun kiss. I whine when the person pulls away, tugging at my bottom lip before releasing it slowly and it bounces back to my face. I gasp when I see an extremely attractive brunette, only it was not a woman.
It was a man complete with bulging biceps and angular jawline, though he had no facial hair. His button down shirt was open enough for his chest tattoos and crucifix to be seen. It was Harry Styles, to be precise, with his bold green eyes on me. It's crazy how six months can be enough to transform someone.